Chapter I

Gotham City had a mass evacuation after receiving a threat from Scarecrow, he plans to release a chemical bomb of his latest fear toxin

Now it was only the criminals, the police and the Bat-Family. Sara was gearing up at the Clock Tower with Barbara, also known as Oracle. Bruce went to talk to Commissioner Gordon as Batman.

We soon got a call from him, "Oracle, I need the location of unit 2-47." Batman said.

"Already working on it," Barbara said. "How's my dad doing?" She asks.

"He's holding up." He answered. "Somehow he always does." Barbara commented.

"Okay, I'm sending through the squad car's location. Be careful. It's not looking good out there." Barbara told him and he turned off the video feed.

"This is going to be a long night." Sara said. "No kidding." Barbara replied.

Watching the streets of Gotham, Batman's voice comes through the comm. "Oracle, I need to track that military vehicle."

She then started typing. "A squad car has picked up the pursuit. I'm sending the location now."

He pursuits the car and took it down with the new upgraded Batmobile. He then sent us a chemical analysis to check on it.

"Is this what I think it is?" Sara questioned as she observed it.

"Scarecrow's new toxin. An uncontaminated sample."

"You're not kidding. I'll prepare a full chemical breakdown on the Batcomputer." Oracle said and got to work.

"What are you going to do, Bruce?" Sara asked her partner.

"Scarecrow's got a safe house nearby. I'm going to pay him a visit." He answered.

"Let's hope this is the break we've been waiting for." Barbara said and turned off the video.

After a few minutes later Batman infiltrated the safe house, Scarecrow wasn't there but instead Poison Ivy. Soon unmanned tanks arrived and Batman took them all out with the Batmobile. "Oracle, I need to know where those tanks are coming from."

"I'm tracking several transport helicopters moving into the city. There are more on the way." Oracle told him.

"Batgirl, activate the Batmobile weapon diagnostics. It's time to go to war." He told Sara. She did as she was told than he went to return Poison Ivy back to GCPD.

Once he locked Poison Ivy back up, Arron Cash and Gordon told them about the few problems going on in the city besides Scarecrow.

Batgirl decided to investigate the mutilated body by Merchant's Bridge. She went up the secret entrance on the roof of the tower. Gliding and Grappling over to the location. Sara arrived at the crime scene and heard horrible opera music and on the ground is the word 'FLAWED' painted in white.

"Hey Alfred, I'm checking out the mutilated body Cash was telling Batman. I'm going to try and establish a cause of death." Batgirl told him into her earpiece and took a blood sample.

Batgirl then turned on the video chat with Alfred. "Blood test reveals the cause of death to be an overdose of painkillers leading to cardiac arrest. Hmm, that's not all. The victim's fingerprints seemed to have been burned off with acid."

"A rather unsavory demise." Alfred replied. "Right you are Alfred, but there's a problem. It's as though the victim's DNA has been corrupted. There's insignificant info for me to cross reference the database." Batgirl said.

"Might I suggest using the deep tissue scanner? You might be able to analyze distinguishing features to ID the victim." Alfred suggested.

"You're a genius Alfred!" Batgirl said as she turned on her detective mode and used the scanner.

There were three distinguishing features, deformity on the left ear, a wedding ring that read's 'Ophelia' in the lower intestine, and lastly a recent hip replacement. She got a match, a man named Anthony Lund.

"Alfred, the victim's name is Anthony Lund. Hospital records show he suffered with alcoholism, probably brought on by the divorce of his wife, Ophelia. Lund was also last seen in Albuquerque, New Mexico." Sara informed. "This is the unusual part, they didn't go missing in Gotham. They were brought here and killed. We need to track down whoever did this."

"Might I suggest keeping an ear out for any more of that ghastly opera music? It sounds ominously like a calling card."

"Will do Alfred, I'm getting a call from Batman." Batgirl said hanging up and turning on the video chat to Batman.

"Any news on the murder?" Batman asked. "I ID'ed the victim, Anthony Lund. Whoever is behind this seemed to corrupt the DNA and he wasn't even missing in Gotham. He was brought from New Mexico and killed here. If you hear opera music. It might be another clue to whoever is behind this." Batgirl gave her the small rundown.

"Alright, get back to Oracle, I'm on my way there now." He ordered Batgirl before logging off.

Batgirl listened to Batman and made her way back to the Clock Tower.