Chapter VI

Sara landed on the roof across from the Ranelagh Ferry Terminal building

Sara landed on the roof across from the Ranelagh Ferry Terminal building. She walked up a bit to see Nightwing jump on the roof a few feet away from her. "Bruce still making you lurk on rooftops?" He joked as he walked up to her and she narrowed her eyes at him before shaking her head. "Don't act like you don't do it." She said.

"Bruce clearly didn't want you coming here. Especially tonight." Batgirl told him.

"Are you kidding me, do you really think I would listen?" He questioned. Sara sighed and shook her head, "When I heard about Barbara, I-"

"Dick, please, tell me what you know about North Refrigeration." Batgirl demanded.

Nightwing sighed before speaking, "Penguin's using freezer trucks to smuggle weapons out of Blüdhaven. I think he's stockpiling arms right here in Gotham, the question is where?"

He began moving closer to the edge where he came up and she slowly followed behind him, "Cobblepot's the best lead we have on Barbara. I need to find that weapons cache. If I could intercept one of his trucks, it could lead me right to him."

Dick turned to her with a smirk on his face, "Huh, if only you knew someone who has been tracking their movements." He said sarcastically as he crouched down, Batgirl did the same.

They watched as a truck pulled up in front of two running cars, "What? You didn't really think I'd come here without a plan, did you?" He asked Sara.

"Glad to see that pretty head of yours also holds a decent brain." She joked and watched as all the thugs poured out their vehicles and began the weapons dealing. "I can handle this. You should go back to Blüdhaven." She told him.

"You can't be serious right now, let me help you." Dick tried to reason with her but she held her ground she can't- won't let another loved one slip between her fingers like sand again.

"Blüdhaven needs you, and I won't let you get hurt in this fight as well, Dick." She told him.

"Fine, I can take a hint, but if you wanna keep tabs on that truck, you're gonna need this." He sighed.

Nightwing handed her the gadget she's come to know as the Disruptor. "It's a prototype, straight out of R&D. The old Fox has outdone himself this time."

He turned to walk away as she inspected it, but slowly looked back. "Just be careful Sara, please for me?" He asked her and she looked up at him and slowly nodded. He smiled and went to leave. "See ya around, Sara."

She then looked at her targets. One was a brute, and two had guns, the rest were unarmed but they also had a weapons crate to access them. "I've only got three shots, I need to pick my targets wisely." Batgirl then fired at the weapons crate first, "The crate's electrified now. Anyone trying to resupply is in for a shock." She then moved towards one of the gunmen and shot at the gun. "That disabled the firearm. If I shoot it again it will explode, knocking the user out as well as flooring anyone nearby. I'll just stick to sabotaging the other gunman."
Batgirl then shot the other gun and put the Disruptor away.