Chapter XI

Sara entered Panessa Studios and saw Batman headed to the Batcomputer, Robin was running tests to find a cure for the five people who have been effected by Joker's blood back in Arkham City

Sara entered Panessa Studios and saw Batman headed to the Batcomputer, Robin was running tests to find a cure for the five people who have been effected by Joker's blood back in Arkham City. "So what's our next move?" She asked Batman, and glanced at Robin. "Hey Tim."

Robin nodded at her, "Sara."

The two were not really buddy, buddy towards each other. They didn't hate each other, in fact they respect each other very much. It's just months after Jason's death, Bruce sadly decided to move on and recruit Tim. Sara wasn't used to having him on the team.

"Sir, the long range scanners have not been able to locate the Cloudburst." Alfred spoke as Bruce typed things on the computer and maps of the three islands appeared.

"Deploy the Batwing and run a low level thermal scan." Batman told him. "We can't sir, Founders' Island is protected by two radar towers connected to a long-range missile launcher. You won't be able to get the Batwing, or indeed the Batmobile, anywhere near there." Alfred said.

"Batgirl and I can destroy the radar towers on foot if we can just find a way to disable the drones protecting them." Batman told him.

Alfred sighed, "Well, there is one possibility. I've identified a special drone that appears to be acting as a relay hub managing all communications."

"If we can get our hands on that drone, there's a chance we can reverse engineer the security protocols and give us a window to take out those radar towers." Batgirl told Bruce and Alfred. "A chance perhaps, Miss White, but it sounds dangerous. Too dangerous." Alfred told her.

"It's the only way, we'll keep you updated." Batman said before signing off and turned to face Robin.

"I still haven't heard from Barbara." Tim spoke.

"Trust me, Robin, she's fine. I need you to focus on that cure." Bruce lied.

"You don't have to do this on your own, Bruce. I can help you." Tim said.

Sara stepped in. "We've got it under control, Tim. That cure is more important, the last thing we need for tonight is another Joker running around."

"It's getting there." Robin said looking at Batgirl before sighing. "Well you know where to find me." He said before resuming his tests.

Sara gave Bruce a knowing look as the two left Panessa Studios to head to Founders' Island.

Once arriving Sara just stood on a nearby rooftop of the relay drone as Batman tore it open and took a device out before grapneling to her. "The relay chip will allow me to temporarily blind the drones. That should give me enough time to take out the two radar towers." Batman said before putting the chip in his Remote Hacking Device and quickly looked over to see the first tower being watched by a drone. He looked at her, "Get ready." Sara nodded as he then blinded the drone. Sara quickly glided over there and ripped the computer panel open and used the explosive gel to destroy the first radar.

Batman the glided off and Sara right behind him as the Militia's network came up on their comlinks. "All units, we've lost Radar coverage in sector one!" The Arkham Knight exclaimed.

"Probable malfunction. I'm assigning tech now." A Militia soldier answered.

"Belay that order. It was Batman." The Arkham Knight said. "Radar tower B, prepare yourselves. Alpha target incoming."

Batman and Batgirl then made it to the next Radar tower and saw it was guarded by some of the Militia. The two then dove down and quickly took them all out and Batman shut down a switched to open the doors to the computer panel that was guarded by two sentry guns. Bruce just used the Remote Hacking Device to blind them and the two snuck in the room and destroyed the guns and then the last Radar.

"Alfred, we've dealt with the radars." Batman told him. "Now there's just trivial matter of the long range missile launcher. Once it's been taken care of, I can deploy the Batwing and scan for the Cloudburst." Alfred said.

"We're heading there now." Batman said.

"We've lost the second radar!" The Arkham Knight's voice yelled. "He bypassed the sentry guns! How is that possible?" The Militia soldier exclaimed. "Just keep the missile launcher in play. I control these skies." The Arkham Knight commanded before signing off as Batman and Batgirl made their way to the base where the missile launcher is being kept. It is heavily guard with armed Militia men. Time to split up and take them out before they even notice.

"Don't stay in detective mode too long, they can track you if you use it." Batman warned Sara and she nodded as the two quickly took out the eight armed men.

Soon they were all taken out. "Gamma 4, status?" The Arkham Knight called. "Gamma 4, do you copy?!"

Batman inspected the launcher. "The armor is too thick for me to penetrate. I need something with a little more lunch." Sara then took notice of what's in front of it. "It's protected by a defense shield. We should be able to lower it from the control room." Batgirl said and the two headed to that location.

They entered the control room to see the computer and Batman began hacking to turn off the shield. "I'll stay in the control room and bring the car in remotely. Can't let the Militia get in here and re-enable the defenses. You go wait outside, and wait." Batman ordered Batgirl and she rolled her eyes but complied anyway. Getting out the room and grapneling on a ledge and watched the door. Batman then used his remote control to guide the Batmobile to an area where it can take out the launcher but had to destroy a team of Cobra tanks. Batgirl just watched it take them all out and turned her head to notice a squad of soldiers heading up to the control room. "Crap." She mumbled.

"Rooftops clear. Target's in the control room. Moving in to secure." A Militia soldier said waiting by the door.

"Hold off Lieutenant. He's mine." The Arkham Knight said as he walked up the steps right to the control room.

"Mega crap." Batgirl mumbled as the Arkham Knight kicked the door open. Batman was for sure hiding to take them out by surprise as one soldier re-enabled the shield. Bruce then appeared and did a fear multi takedown, taking out four guys in the process. Batgirl quickly swung behind the doors and was about to enter, but listened instead.

The Arkham Knight went to attack but Batman dodged and Batman went to hit him but he dodge and the two ended up with their fists around their throats. "Who. Are. You?" Batman spoke, the Arkham Knight's computerized helmet fizzed at the pressure. "Not yet, Dark Knight." He said and threw a smoke bomb and quickly went out the door and closed it.

Batgirl then surprised attacked him and went to give him a blow to the face but he quickly reacted and grabbed her fist and held it. "I knew you were here." He spoke, his voice so low.

"This ends now Knight." Batgirl told him as he pulled her against his chest and moved his free hand to hold the back of her neck.

"Your right, for Batman that is." The Arkham Knight whispered in her ear before slamming her into a concrete wall, immediately knocking her unconscious.

The Arkham Knight slowly walked up to the sleeping heroine and touched her cheek with his hand, but then stopped and pulled away, but spoke. "Your time hasn't come yet."