Chapter II

Once Batgirl went down the chute, she already saw Batman turning on the Batcomputer and started looking at Barbara's analysis on the toxin

"Do I come in the Batcave? Start messing with all your stuff?" Oracle jokes as she wheeled her wheelchair over to them.

"You've managed to reduce the compound to its core elements." Sara told her as Barbara started going through the analysis.

"But there's nothing in there that we can trace." Oracle replied.

"What if we've been looking at this the wrong way? Instead of searching for the toxin, what if we focus on the manufacturing process?" Batman said before typing in something.

"Why didn't I see this? The reaction emits a unique radiation spike." Barbara commented observing it.

"If we scan the city for this energy signature. We will know where Scarecrow's creating his fear toxin." Batgirl pointed out.

Oracle started working on it, "It'll take a few hours to bring the satellites into position." She said.

"We don't have enough time. I'll repurpose the antenna at the movie studios." Batman said as he began to walk out.

"Bruce, I spoke to dad." Oracle started, "I hate lying to him. He'd kill me if he knew I was still in the city. He still blames himself for this." She said gesturing herself in the wheelchair.

Long ago, Joker came up to Barbara's apartment to attack her to get at Gordon and shot her in the spine, paralyzing her from the waist down. After that night she had no choice but to hang up the cowl, until Sara came into the picture and took up her mantel.

"We'll stop Scarecrow." Batman reassured. "Batgirl, I want you to go back and search for some of those missing firefighters."

She nodded and left the clock tower.

•~★~•

Sara had managed to find at least three firefighters and they all told a story that she would have to pass on to Batman. Speaking of the devil, she got a video message of him telling her to meet at the Ace Chemicals plant. Scarecrow's making his toxin there. So she shut the message and went on her way to the bridge heading to Ace Chemicals.

Once she arrived she met up with Batman, Gordon and some other officers. "Any word from inside?" Sara asked.

"Nothing." Gordon answered, "We think there's a skeleton crew left in there but they're not responding and the facility's locked down."

"If they're still alive, we'll find them. They should be able to tell us what Scarecrow's up to." Batman said.

The conversation was cut short as an unknown helicopter appeared. "What the hell?" Gordon exclaimed.

The person operating the helicopter than blew up the bridge, blocking us from entering. That didn't stop Batman as he walked up to the damage and in front of the helicopter.

He glared down at us for a few moments before flying off into the facility. "Who the hell was that?" Sara asked.

"I'm gonna find out." Batman replied. He turned and faced Batgirl, "I want you to go back to the clock tower. It's too dangerous."

"Are you sure? From what it looks like you need all the help you can get." Batman just stared at the girl, narrowing his eyes, giving her the infamous bat-glare.

She noticed and stepped back, "Alright then. See you around." Batgirl said before grappling off.

As Sara roamed the city she was able to find another victim hung up. Just the same as the last one had imperfections and was taken from outside of Gotham and brought here. Batgirl sent all her information to Alfred and carried on traveling the rooftops.