Chapter XVI

Batman destroyed all the Cobra tanks and managed to destroy the Cloudburst and subdued the Militia Commander

Batman destroyed all the Cobra tanks and managed to destroy the Cloudburst and subdued the Militia Commander. The Dark Knight quickly ejected from the Batmobile and grabbed Batgirl over his shoulder before going up to the Arkham Knight's destroyed tank and picked him up and he grapneled to the roof but the explosion from the tank made him lose his grip and the three landed roughly on a rooftop save from the toxin. Batman had trouble getting up, as he was severely hurt, Batgirl was still out. The Arkham Knight slowly picked himself back up and began to choke the Dark Knight but was immediately flipped and was being held down as Batman began to punch him, until he just stopped and backed away, turning in circles distracted. The Militia Commander stood himself up and decided to escape. His eyes landed on Batgirl and walked over to her, slowly and gently throwing her over his shoulder and grapneled back to Headquarters.

"It's time."

•~★~•

The Dark Knight got himself together and turned to face the Knight only for no one to be there. Sara was missing, taken by the Arkham Knight. He then got a call from Alfred. "Sir, the Arkham Knight. Did you subdue him?"

"He... he's gone." Batman answered.

"You, er, don't sound entirely sure, sir." Alfred said. "What of Miss White?" The old friend asked.

"She's missing, Alfred. The Arkham Knight has her." Batman said, anger rising as another slipped past his fingers. "Oh dear, no." Alfred was speechless as another of Batman's allies have been taken.

Batman quickly called Ivy but there was static. "Ivy. I've destroyed the Cloudburst. Purify the remaining toxin as fast as you can." He got no answer. "Ivy?!"

"I fear you may be too late, sir. Scans reveal the toxin is overwhelming Ivy's plants." Alfred told him. "I'm heading to her right now." Batman said and turned off the call and glides over to the Botanical Gardens.

Once he made it and went to check on Ivy. The plant opened and she was on her knees, drained of energy. Poison Ivy slowly stood up and went to give more power to stop the toxins. She screams at the top of her lungs as her veins lit up and she fell to the floor as the plants were revived. Batman, quickly held her in his arms as she slowly opened her eyes and looked at her plants health raising and breathed out, "Nature... always wins."

Ivy's arm went limp and so did her whole body. Slowly she became to dust and flew out of Bruce's arms as she joined the spores to rid of Scarecrow's toxin.

"Sir, the gas cloud is dissipating! You did it. You and Poison Ivy, I mean. We underestimated the humanity that remains within her." Alfred cheered.

"She's gone, Alfred. Clearing the toxin took everything she had." Batman broke the news. Alfred's grin fell into a sad expression. "Oh, I see. Her final act was a noble one." Alfred praised.

"I need to find Scarecrow before Sara or anybody else dies. Do you have any leads?" Batman asked.

"Nothing concrete, sir, but the GCPD comms room might. They're currently puzzled by an encrypted transmission sent on a SWAT channel from within the city. Most odd, given there are no SWAT officers currently in the field." Alfred told him. "Then, of course, there are the numerous unsolved cases that still require your attention. With the toxin clear, now would be the perfect time to reassert your control on the city."

Batman had checked and completed 10 out of 18 cases in Gotham's Most Wanted. He then quickly saved the remaining fire crew and turned out that the Chief was also responsible with all the fires, so they didn't have to lose their job. Batman then decided to head to GCPD to check on that transmission.

Once entered, Batman walked up to Cash and spoke, "Some of your men picked up an encrypted message."

"How did you... stupid question. McAllister's back there in the comms room. It's got us all scratching our heads." Cash told him and Batman walked to the room.

"Tell me about this broadcast." Batman said to Sergeant McAllister. "Wish I could, sir, but it's on a SWAT channel. Encrypted. Those boys really don't like anyone listening in." Sergeant said.

Batman quickly took over the keyboard and hacked in. "I'm in." He pulled it up so they could hear it.

"Hennelly? You reading me? It's Jim. I need you to send through some blueprints. I've found Crane, and that bastard's going to die for what he did to my little girl." Commissioner Gordon's voice came through.

"Was that the commissioner? What's he doing?" Sergeant exclaimed.

"Getting himself killed. But I've got the ID number of the radio he's using. And that means I can track him." Batman said.

The Dark Knight quickly traveled to an abandoned shopping mall where Gordon's location is. It was tough without the help of his gadgets and Batmobile but managed to gain entrance to the Arkham Knight's HQ. Where he was soon met with an extreme vehicle manned by the Knight himself. Batman had to battle an excavator. Bruce was able to pull through it but was soon cornered and was only left with one option. Escape, destroying his Batmobile in the process.