Chapter 41:Lost

Reba tried, for a while, to move on from her loss. Av'rasca stayed near her always, offering what comfort he could. He had his own pain, of course, but hid it for her sake. They had a few years of strained happiness together, and from this, they had another child.

A son this time, one without Reba's magic. They had decided to name him after his father. If Mi'Lada had been a younger version of Reba, Av'rasca was just the same with his father.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guiltare interrupted the story for a moment."Hold on....Av'rasca is Reba's son!?" She had never seen them have a pleasant interaction, and as far as she could tell, they detested one another. That, along with the startling difference in appearance, made the image all the more unbelievable.

Giles nodded."'e tries ta hide it. Uses dyes from da city ta hide da red in 's hair, stays in da sun ta hide 's paleness." He sighed."....Can't say ah blame 'im." He paused to see if there were more questions, then continued his story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Try as she might, Reba could not forget her loss...or her rage. The group who had attacked and burned down her home, the group who had taken her daughter from her, were still alive. Only three had escaped, one was a Mage, and the other two were normal warriors. She could not accept it, them living while her daughter was in a grave. It wasn't just, wasn't fair.

And so, she made herself a better warrior. She trained with a bow often, focused on stealthy attacks from the shadows. Just as her daughter had been suddenly ripped from her life, she would silently, quickly, and efficiently rip the life from their bodies. One by one, they would perish.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her revenge began when she heard of a man who matched the description of one of the soldiers. A tall, bald man, with a tattoo on his face, one of a skull etched onto his cheek. She had gruffly told Av'rasca to keep an eye on their son, then marched out with her bow.

He had, of course, inquired about where she was going, but she had ignored him. Once she had avenged their daughter, he would be grateful, and would not worry over the time she had been gone. They would be able to feel true happiness again, not the strained smiles they sported for their sons sake.

She saw the man in the village, talking with a few of his friends. Kovil the Killer, he had been nicknamed. Good with a knife and specialized in blitz attacks. She scoffed, for that would do him no good.

She pulled an arrow from her quiver, lacing it with her magic. She aimed carefully at the man, then fired, striking him in the shoulder. He screamed in pain and tried to pull the arrow out, though it did not budge.

His friends ran off. She let them, for they were not her targets. She walked to the man, knocking another arrow. He snarled and drew his knife, but she shot through his hand, eyes narrowed.

The knife clattered to the ground, and he howled in pain. He tried to run, but she quickly smacked the back of his head with her heavy yew bow, collapsing him. She glared down."We're not done yet."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kovil awoke, groaning, soon realizing that he was tied to a tree. Reba looked over, stirring the fire before her."Oh, hello there. Nice to see you're awake."

Kovil glared."Let me go, you-"

Reba smiled."Oh, of course, Mr. The Killer, I'd be oh so glad to. But first, I'll need you to answer a few simple questions. Was'Lin the Reaper and Kaurren Byrn. Where are they?"