Prolouge

The night air feels cold as it caresses your broken skin, and the bark of the tree you're sitting against feels rough, but you can't help but to find safety in the feeling. It's the only thing you can really feel besides the pain. You breath in and out, trying to get your body under your control once again. You try to stand up, leaning heavily against the tree, using one of your shoulders while the other arm in a attempt to apply pressure to the wounds that are on your stomach, but based on how wet your arm feels, it's not working out the way you wish it would. You're finally able to get upright, an achievement gained with a lot of help from the tree that is supporting you. Letting go of the tree you make a step forward, your legs immediately give out with an intense about of pain. You crash face-first onto the ground, and try to muffle the cries of your pain, as to not let your enemy know your position. That is, if they're even here. With your condition, they could've left knowing that they had left you for dead. You try once again to get up, and are able to get onto your hands and knees, only for them both to give out once again.

'Need...more support...'

You look at the nearest tree, and begin to crawl towards it, gritting your teeth from the pain your body gives off as a response. With your remaining strength, you rearrange yourself so that you're once again sitting against a tree. With your arms now no longer occupied, you return your hands to trying to stanch the bleeding of your stomach. You gaze into the darkness and trees that surround you.

'Where is he... we were separated, but he should of found me by now.'

You turn your head to the ground as you begin cough violently, you're out of breath when you finish and you lean your head against the tree, forcing it to remain upright. You feel something wet travel to your chin from your mouth, and reach a shaking hand up, touching your chin. Bringing your hand out, you see that your finger is stained in crimson, looking at your bloodstained finger you cant help but let out a chuckle about your situation, the full reality of your situation hitting you.

'So this is it huh? This is how I go. Figures this is how I go, I suppose this what you call karma.'

The humor of your situation ends when your hand becomes warped and your vision begins to tunnel. You blink languidly, unsuccessfully clearing your vision. You close your eyes.

'Guess I never got the chance to do what you wanted me to do huh? Well I guess... I'll at... least...be...'

You lose consciousness, unaware of the figure that appears next to you, prodding your face with a whimper.

.

.

.

.

Beep...
Beep...
Beep...

'What is that infuriating noise? I thought the dead were supposed to be in peace?'

Beep...
Beep...
Beep...

'Wait.... Noise?'

You attempt to open your eyes and only succeed in opening one. The other being sealed with some material you can't currently identify. You are greeted with white ceiling tile.

You try to get up into a sitting position, only to be met with waves of pain radiating from every part of your body. You sharply intake your breath and continue your task until you are sitting up. You breath heavily, slightly embarrassed that the simple act of sitting up takes so much out of you. Slowly you begin to look around the room you are currently occupying. Starting with the infernal device on your left that had woke you up.

'Is that a heart monitor? Does this mean I'm in a hospital?'

Looking to your right you see a window. Looking out you see a city and a mountain...with faces on it?

'Where on earth am I? I was pretty sure I wasn't near anything when-'

Your thoughts are interrupted by a gasp that was supposed to be small echoes in the empty room. Turning towards the source of the noise you see what you assume is a nurse staring at you with wide eyes before turning around and running back into the hallway.

'Well that can't be good.'

Immediately you begin to take notice of every exit the room has to offer as well as anything that could be used as a weapon.

'The window and the door. However, with my body the way it is at the moment a quick getaway is impossible. I also seem to be on an elevated floor so dropping down would make my body worse. As for weapons... not much to work with but I've worked with worse.'

You eye the pitcher of water on the bedside table, plans already forming in your head.

A few moments later, a man comes into the room. Tensing up you begin to slowly reach for the water pitcher only to freeze at the look on the doctors face. A look you most definitely didn't expect.

A friendly grin.

"I must say you really shocked Momoko there. We weren't expecting you to wake up so early."

You retreat your hand back to your side and begin to open your mouth only to meet resistance. Looking at the doctor you slowly lift your hand and with a bit of pain you make a motion that imitates writing. Realizing your intent the man  grabs the pen and pad of paper that's located next to the pitcher of water on the bedside table. Handing them to you he says,

"Sorry about that. We had to bandage most of your face so talking should be difficult. Which in your case is a good thing because there seems to be some damage to your throat and vocal chords, so you won't be able to talk for a while anyway. But no need to worry you'll be able to talk again in time."

Now that he has pointed it out you feel a burning sensation in your throat. Grimacing you grab the pad of paper and pen you begin to write and show the doctor what you've written,

'How long was I out?'

"Only a few hours really. You were brought in just last night. So it's a surprise to anyone that you woke up so early with the amount of injuries you sustained. Most people would be out for a couple of days."

If you could chuckle you would. You weren't exactly what people would call normal. Turning to the next page you write your next question.

'Where am I?'

"You're in Konoha, the Leaf Village."

You keep your surprise to yourself.

'The hell!? Did that fight really take me that far to be near Kohona? It really isn't a good idea for me to be in a ninja village.'

To soon, fatigue begins to overtake your body. Noticing this the man gently takes the pad of paper and pen from your hands, meeting little resistance on your part. He places them on the table next your bed and tells you that you'll talk more when you next wake up. You lay down then, giving into the fatigue that plagues your body.
___________________________
Hey~
Nvswift here! Just want to let you guys know that the cast will be introduced in the next chapter if things go according to plan. Please let me know if you see any mistakes. I want to make this story as enjoyable as possible. Let me know what you think!
See you next time!

Word Count: 1016