Battle on the Bridge! Zabuza Returns!

"Okay then! I leave Naruto in your hands." Kakashi says to Tsunami. It's the morning of the next day, and all of you, excluding Naruto and Inari, were outside. Your team and Tazuna were ready to head off to the bridge for the day and Tsunami was on the porch sending you all off. After your revelation last night, you had left Kakashi on the porch and adjourned to your shared room. Then, you proceeded to go to bed and fall into the familiar embrace of an uneasy sleep. The following morning had greeted you with the usual exhaustion that follows such nights, however you couldn't ignore the palpable tension in the air and the unsettling feeling in your gut. It had bothered you so much to the point that before you joined the others outside you had made certain precautions to make sure the house remained under safe surveillance.

"Because he's used his body to the limit... I don't think he'll be able to move today." Kakashi continues.

"Mr. Kakashi, are you feeling all right?" Tsunami asks.

"Yes, somehow." Kakashi replies.

"We'll be going!" Tazuna says, and with that you all turn around and begin to make your way to the bridge.

.

.

.

.

.

"I overslept!" A certain blonde shouts as he scrambles out of his futon, and upon noticing that his shared room is unoccupied he rushes downstairs to where Tsunami is washing the dishes.

"Hey hey!! Where is everyone?" Naruto asks. Tsunami pauses in the middle of her task and turns to answer him,

"Naruto. Your Sensei wanted you to rest and relax... today." Tsunami trails off as Naruto rushes back to his room and scrambles to quickly get changed.

"I knew it! They left me behind." Naruto grumbles as he finishes getting ready, and once he finishes he rushes out the house with a shout of, "I'll be back!" Unaware of the pair of eyes watching his departure.

.

.

.

.

.

"W-What the heck is this?!" Tazuna exclaims. Upon arriving at the bridge you were greeted with the sight of Tazuna's workers hunched over the ground in pain.

"What is going on? What's happened?" Tazuna continues.

'It couldn't be...' Kakashi thinks.

'We're not alone.'

.

.

.

.

.

"Inari! Give me a hand. Inari?!" Tsunami calls.

"I'll be right there." Inari replies. Unbeknownst to the both of them, two katana wielding mercenaries had entered the premise. Unfortunately for them their task wouldn't be as easily achieved as they believed it would be.

.

.

.

.

.

Your eyes scan around the bridge, looking for any visual trace of your opponents. A task which is easily deterred as mist begins to gather around everyone.

'This mist...' Kakashi thinks.

"Sasuke! Sakura! (Y/n)! They're coming!" Kakashi yells and immediately everyone gets into position. You are once again at Tazuna's back, with Sasuke and Sakura on his sides, and Kakashi in front. You rest your hand on the kunai sheathed at your side. You reach your chakra out, searching for any trace of your enemies' chakra signatures.