The Land Where a Hero Once Lived

Sakura yawns beside you. You look over at her from the railing you're leaning on.

"It looks like you've got some time to kill there all by yourself. What happened to the blond boy and that stuck-up boy?" Tazuna asks as he passes both of you, carrying a steel beam.

"They're in the middle of the tree-climbing training." Sakura answers.

"You two don't have to do that?" Tazuna asks.

"I'm exceptional, so Kakashi Sensei told me to guard you. (Y/n)-kun already mastered the exercise, so he doesn't have to do it anymore." Sakura answers and you shake your head side to side at the same time.

"Really? I believe that of the masked one over there, but as for you..." Tazuna says.

'What?!' Sakura thinks, angrily.

"You got a minute, Tazuna?" One of the workers ask as he walks over to Tazuns.

"Huh? What's up, Giichi?" Tazuna asks.

"Uh, actually... I gave it a lot of thought. Building this bridge...will you let me quit?" Giichi asks.

"Why so suddenly? Not you too?!" Tazuna exclaims.

"Tazuna, I've had a bond with you from the old days. I'd like to cooperate, but if we push it too far, Gato will set his sights on us, too. Also...if you get killed, everything is lost! Why don't you just stop building the bridge?" Giichi asks.

"Not a chance... This is our bridge. This is the bridge that everyone in town has built believing that it would generate distribution and transportation do this poor Land of Waves that has few resources." Tazuna answers.

"But if it goes so far as to take our lives..." Giichi says.

"It's already afternoon... Let's call it a day." Tazuna says walking away from Giichi.

"Tazuna!" Giichi exclaims.

"Giichi...you don't have to come back tomorrow." Tazuna says.

.

.

.

.

"Say, we're we going?" Sakura asks.

"I was asked to get some ingredients for dinner on the way home..." Tazuna says. You walk down the street, seeing various forms of poverty on your way. Such sights bring back old memories of when you were younger. In those days you every day was a struggle for survival. That was...before...before you met him and your life changed, for the better or the worse you still haven't determined.

"We're here..." Tazuna says, walk into a store. You look at the stock, which is in all actuality very small. Your attention is caught by a man who enters the store. You had noticed him earlier when you were walking across town. He had been eyeing your group for a while, well your bags actually. You recognized a pickpocket when you saw one, so you knew that your group had been targeted by this one. The man goes behind Sakura and you get ready to apprehend the thief as soon as he makes his move. He reached for the bag, but before you can do anything Sakura whirls around and gives the man a roundhouse kick.

"You pervert!" Sakura yells.

"You're...wrong..." The pickpocket says wrong as he falls to the ground. You sweatdrop.