Enter: Naruto Uzumaki Part Three

A/N: I promise this is the last chapter of this episode.

You exit the academy. Outside there is a crowd of people. Families congratulating their students on graduating. You walk through the crowd, looking for your new 'friend'. You can't see him.

"Look at that one."

"It's that boy. I hear he's the only one who failed."

"Serves him right."

"Imagine what would happen if he became a Shinobi."

This conversation now held your attention. The disgust and hostility in their voices made you curious of who they were speaking of. Turning towards the two women you try to see who they're talking about. Following their gazes you see the subject of their conversation.

Naruto.

This confused you. Sure he was a prankster, but you couldn't see why the women talked about him the way they did.

"Isn't that the boy who is actually..." You strain your ears, curious on what they were going on about.

"Hey! We're not supposed to talk about that." Her companion interrupts. You sigh. Apparently you won't be getting any information out of this conversation anymore. You begin walking over to Naruto. You stop when you feel stares on your back. Turning around you glare at the two women who were staring at you. They pale and turn around, avoiding your gaze. You continue walking toward your friend, stopping in front of him. It takes a few moments for him to notice you, and when he does he sits up a little straighter on the swing he's sitting on.

"Hey (y/n)-chan."

'Hey.'

"I see you passed." He says, nodding at the headband that's hanging out of your pocket.

'Yeah. I heard you didn't. I'm sure you'll make it next time.'

This was your attempt of consoling him...so why was it that your effort made him seem more depressed than before! You sweatdrop.

'Man... I'm really not good with people.'

You can feel yourself become nervous, wanting to try make your new friend feel better. Your mind becomes frantic, desperate to come up with something, anything to help make your new friend feel better. In your frantic state you fail to notice as someone comes to stand beside the two of you.

"I'm not interrupting anything am I?" You flinch slightly and internally smack yourself. Angry that you didn't notice their arrival.

"Mizuki-Sensei." Naruto greets.

'So that's his name.'

You eye the man, trying not to show your obvious dislike. He smiles at you for a few moments before speaking to you.

"Would you excuse us? I have something to talk to Naruto about."

He and Naruto then leave. After a few moments you follow them, not wanting to leave Naruto alone with the man. You follow them for a while until suddenly.

Smack!

You fall forward as something rams into your back. You attempt to catch your self, but because you're holding the pen and pad of paper in your hands you end up face-planting on the ground.

"Akamaru! I'm so sorry he normally- Hey! Aren't you the new guy!"

You internally groan.

'It seems like the gender mishap will be common occurrence then.'

You get up collecting your stuff and rub your nose, where it had the misfortune of meeting the ground. Turning around you see a boy in a gray hoodie and with red markings on his face, next to him is a small white dog with brown markings on his ears.