The Assassin of the Mist!

Mist surrounds you. The rocking of the boat soothing you. Currently you're sitting next to Sasuke and behind Naruto.

"This is quite some fog. I can't see ahead." Sakura states.

"The bridge should be visible soon. When we reach the side of the bridge, we'll be in the Land of the Waves." The boat rower says, and sure enough it comes into your sight.

'That's quite some bridge.'

"Woow! It's huge!" Naruto yells.

"H-Hey! Please keep it down. I took this boat out under the cover of fog. And I cut the engine and am rowing by hand. If they find us, we'll be in deep trouble." The boat rower says, Naruto covers his mouth.

"Mr. Tazuna. I want to ask you something before we arrive at the pier. The identity of your assailants, and the reason why they are after you. If you don't tell us... Our mission may end when you make landfall." Kakashi says.

"It appears I have no choice but to tell you. Frankly, I'd like you to listen. Just as you said, this may be beyond the scope of the mission. Actually, I am being targeted by a terrifying man." Tazuna says.

"A terrifying man? Who?" Kakashi questions.

"You guys have probably heard at least his name before. A shipping magnate by the name of Gato." Tazuna says. The name strikes a chord within you. You could say you once worked a job for this Gato, but that was a long time ago and it didn't end well. For him at least.

"What? Gato...of Gato Company? One of the world's richest men?" Kakashi asks.

"Who? What?" Naruto ask.

"Yes... On the surface, he's the chief executive of a shipping company... But underneath, he's into drug-trafficking and deals in contraband using gangs and Ninjas. Moreover, he runs a despicable business, ruthlessly taking over nations and enterprises. It was about one year ago...when that man first set his eyes on the Land of the Waves... He used wealth and violence to enter this country, and before anyone knew it, he had taken complete control of the island's maritime transportation and shipping. Having a tight grip on the ocean, in an island nation like the Land of the Waves, means having control of finance, the government, the people...everything. The one thing Gato fears...is the completion of the bridge....that has been under construction for some time now." Tazuna says.

"I see. Since you're the one building the bridge, you've become a hindrance." Sakura states.

"Then, those Ninjas from before were Gato's men...?" Sasuke asks.

'Yes, most likely they were.'

"But I don't understand. Your opponent is a dangerous one, who will even use Ninjas. Why did you hide the fact from us when you made your request?" Kakashi questions.

"The Land of the Waves...is a very poor nation, and even feudal lords have no money. Of course, we ordinary citizens have no money either. We cannot afford to make request of B rank or higher... Well, if you pull out of the mission when I land ashore, I will, no doubt, be killed. Killed sometime before I make it home. But there's no need for concern! Should I die, my cute grandchild who will turn eight...will only cry his heart out! And my daughter will only blame the Hidden Leaves Ninja for the rest of her life and grieve in solitude! Oh, it's not your fault at all!" Tazuna says. You sweatdrop.

'Is this man really guilt tripping us right now?'

Kakashi scratches his headband with his finder a few time before responding.

"Well... I guess we have no choice. Let's continue as his bodyguards."

"Oh! I am most grateful!" Tazuna says before turning around and giving a peace sign.