Pass or Fail: Survival Test Part One

"He's late." 

You turn your gaze from the window and look to see Naruto gazing out the doorway, again. He's been checking every few minutes after the last group left with their Sensei a while ago.

"Naruto, stay still." Sakura says, beginning to get annoyed by Naruto's constant moving.

"Why's it that only our squad's teacher is late? The other squads have gone off somewhere with their new teachers, and Iruka Sensei's also left." Naruto complains.

You sigh at your friend's impatience. Unlike him, you weren't really annoyed with waiting this long. Waiting for a long time was something you were used to. You turn your gaze back towards the window again, looking at the surrounding area.

"Don't look at me." Sakura states. She then begins walking over to you, and hearing her footsteps you once again look away from the window.

"H-Hello (y/n)-kun. You disappeared after Iruka Sensei dismissed us. I was hoping to eat lunch as a team with you."

You raise your eyebrow.

'-kun? Don't tell me everyone's still confusing me as a boy. *sigh* This gender mishap is getting more annoying as time goes on. Also if she really wanted to eat as a team she would've eaten with Naruto when he asked.'

You had disappeared after lunch, still in the foul mood you were in before. However, even if Sakura had the chance to ask you, you would've declined anyway. That way you could eat in peace, without the fear of someone recognizing you when you took the bandages off. You hadn't gone far though, so you had seen the whole ordeal that happened between Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. It was... enlightening to say the least. You now had a better insight as to what being on a team with these people would be like.

'Sorry, but I prefer to eat alone.' 

"Oh, okay." Sakura replies, she looks away with a slight blush on her face. Noticing this, you internally groan. The last thing you need is the pinkette to have a crush on you, especially since she though thought that you were a boy. Wanting to put a stop to the misunderstanding right away you begin writing to explain that you're actually a girl. In the middle of writing your explanation, you're interrupted by noises at the doorway. Turning around Sakura yells,

"Hey, what're you doing Naruto?!"

Looking up from your pad of paper you see Naruto on a stool and putting a chalkboard eraser in between the door and the wall. Sakura walk over to him.

"Hey!"

"It'll be his fault because he's late." Naruto states, jumping off the stool.

"Man! You're asking for it!" Sakura scolds, but to your perceptive eyes you see that in reality she's enjoying Naruto's prank. 

'I like stuff like this!' Inner Sakura says.

"Hn. A Jonin wouldn't get caught in such a weak booby trap." Sasuke says, unimpressed.

"That's right. You're such an idiot...!" Sakura scolds. Just then you notice a hand grabbing onto the door. Watching, you see the person open the door and see the eraser fall on the top of their head. There is a moment of silence until,

"Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!" Naruto laughs, pointing at the silver haired man who had walked into the room.

"I got him, I got him..."

"I-I'm sorry, sir. I tried to stop him, but Naruto did it on his own..."

You muffle your scoff, knowing that isn't at all what she's thinking.