Episode 12 Part 2 - Sign Ups

In the previous episode:

Elaru and Kiel set off and arrive at Ashar through the Gate. They set off, flying hand in hand, towards the Ashar University of Magic so Kiel can sign up for the entrance exams.

* * *

The huge courtyard, surrounding the Ashar University of Magic, was paved with white stone tiles and decorated with trees, flowers, and fountains, making the building complex at the end of it look nothing short of a royal palace.

The white buildings were numerous, large and each one of them was a peerless work of art. Even Rroda main house manor paled in comparison.

Standing in front of the large buildings, Kiel felt insignificant. Like a bug looking up at a tall tree.

He took a short while to catch his breath. Kiel and Elaru's tug-war had ended with a slightly rough landing. Kiel was aiming for the gates while Elaru was aiming for the road next to them. Naturally, that resulted in them missing the top of the gates and falling onto a nearby tree.

Usually, such a landing might have left bruises and scratches, but they were still under the influence of flying magic that made them effectively weigh less, and with their fast reflexes, dexterity and agility both of them managed to pass through the tree like a hot knife through butter.

When they were finally safely on the ground, Kiel glared and pointed his finger childishly, blaming Elaru for the fall, but instead of an apology she just laughed. Seeing her laugh warmly, with branches and leaves sticking out from her hair and clothes, Kiel almost busted out laughing too. She looked ridiculous; her hair looked like a bird's nest.

Still, looking at her beautiful smile made it clear that she would look stunning even if she was bathed in mud and wearing rags.

Kiel was starting to like her sincere laugh. It made everything seem fun. Like life was just a game to her. There was no place for sorrow and worry. Just fun.

He could like such a world.

It seemed to bring out a childish side to himself that he wasn't aware he possessed.

He shook his head helplessly, trying to return his mental facilities to those of a proper adult.

Kiel and Elaru passed through the gates and entered the foyer of the university in a hurry. In the middle of the foyer was a reception desk occupied by two men, looking to be in their twenties. They seemed to be packing their papers and boxes, preparing to leave.

One of them was an argel with brown hair reaching his ears that had several dark brown strands

One of them was an argel with brown hair reaching his ears that had several dark brown strands. His eyes were chocolate brown and very warm. His appearance, coupled with his gentle aura, reminded Kiel of a cute pechuh [pe-chooh]. (Small fluffy round rodent with big beady eyes and a long bushy tail. Their fur usually comes in shades of brown or white. Because of their adorable looks and docile nature they are very popular pets.)