Episode 114 - End of Kiel's Practical Exam

Previously:

The day of the practical exams is finally here and Kiel is inside a large arena created by the Replica Dungeon. Nelaira tricks Deora into attacking the Rroda brothers, and Deora ends up pursuing Kiel with a barrage of fireballs. Kiel runs away, dodging the fireballs, however, Deora manages to hit him with an explosive airball. Kiel loses his consciousness and remembers how he got trapped inside the burning house as a child. After waking up he gets into a life and death situation that makes him overcome his fear of fire and launch a counter attack on Deora. He manages to poison Deora, knocking him out of the competition.

Seeing Kiel win his fight, Rhur finished Nelaira off in a fit of rage. Kiel manages to recover through applying a healing ointment. Kiel and Rhur team up to attack Zor. After realizing they are no match for Zor, Rhur turns on Kiel, sneak attacking him. Kiel almost manages to defeat Rhur, however, because of his mythril armor, Rhur survives and manages to catch Kiel off guard with his lightning. Rhur proceeds to torture Kiel with alternating between zapping him and kicking him in the stomach. Rhur kicks Kiel into Deora and zaps them both, waking up unconscious Deora in the process. Kiel calls Deora a firecracker and makes him self-destruct, destroying the entire stadium and killing Rhur in the process.

Kiel manages to survive due to Elaru's magical artifact in the shape of an egg. After a short conversation with Zor, Kiel manages to provoke Zor into attacking him.

* * *

And then, abruptly, the rings on Elaru's magical egg jolted and speedily twirled themselves around the egg. The rings didn't even stop spinning before Kiel's barrier had completely vanished.

What did he do?! Kiel slid his hand into his pocket, simultaneously accelerating backward, his eyes wide in shock. He could feel the changes in the egg even though it had been in his pants.

He brought the artifact out, hoping he could activate it again, but the rotations of the rings had completely changed. He had no idea how to set them up again!

His plight didn't escape Zor's golden eyes, which grew colder and colder by the second.

He didn't chase after Kiel, only watching him calmly.

However, that caused no relief to Kiel, for a moment later, he almost slammed his back into Zor Arite, who had, in a blink of an eye, teleported from his previous position to stand right in his path.

Kiel tried twisting his body around in midair, as to escape from the dangerous situation. However, Zor gave him no chance, his hand seized Kiel by the neck in a vice grip.

Kiel's leg that was heading straight for Zor's stomach paused an inch away as he heard Zor threaten: "Move an inch, and I'll crush your neck."

Kiel had no doubt that a person revered as a genius of his generation, would certainly have a way to decapitate him with his bare hands. He once again remembered the tip on battling Zor: "Forfeit."

I better not make any rash moves. Kiel decided. Zor Arite obviously didn't want him dead just yet. There might be a chance to reverse the current situation if he was patient. He still had an Acceleration spell and a Morph spell cast on his body. All he needed was a single moment of weakness. A single moment in which Zor loosened his guard.

Perhaps this close proximity wasn't bad at all. It would make it hard for Zor to dodge his attacks if they are timed properly. If Kiel had wanted to enter close range combat with Zor, he would be unable to do so, but now, Zor had taken the initiative.

"You might want to reconsider your previous answer. I don't tolerate people lying to me." Zor's cold voice interrupted Kiel's pondering.

What previous answer? Confusion flashed in Kiel's mind. Was it so hard for Zor Arite to accept that he had no idea of the circumstances of his death? What arrogance! Who does he think he is? A god that everyone needs to worship?