Breaking

Vegeta's POV

I winced as I bent down to pick up my new uniform boots. Frieza had whipped me raw around three days ago but my back was still sore. At least it isn't as bad as the first day. I cringed just thinking about it. On the first day, I couldn't move at all. Just the slightest touch sent so many waves of pain washing over me that made part of my vision go dark. To make it even worse, I was still stuck in the stupid cell!

But I still won't bow down to Frieza, I won't break! After putting on my boots, I sat back down on the floor and sighed. Freiza was only allowing me one meal a day for my "disobedience" and I was starving. A saiyan had to eat at least three meals a day with snacks in between to stay strong. And I used to think life on Planet Vegeta-sei was bad. At least I didn't go hungry there, what I'd give for some chicken. Hell, I'll even eat my boots if I were allowed to.

But, I had other problems than just starving. I was, to put it bluntly, worn out. Frieza only allows me four hours of sleep a day. I can't go to sleep until Zarbon or Dedoria has set my alarm for four hours. And if I slept past the alarm or before they set it, then I was beaten harshly. 

My days were filled with training sessions, and everyday, I would just manage to make it back to the cell. Everyone has been given orders not to break my bones so that I would not have an excuse to get a tank for the night. Frieza said that he would break me, and honestly, he might be right. I don't know how much longer I can stay like this.

"Hey, monkey, there is an order for you for report to Frieza's throne room," said a certain person who looked like chewed up gum.

"Well, I'm not coming," I replied. I knew that I sounded like a brat but there was no way that I would ever follow Frieza's orders.

"I never said that you had a choice," he said as he walked over. Quicker than my eye can follow, he lay a blow to my back. 

My head exploded in pain. I was dimly aware of crying out. Damn, how am I ever going to be able to kill Frieza if one blow from his henchmen sends me to my knees? I was dragged off the ground roughly and forced to walk out of my room.

When I finally got to the throne room, Frieza asked without turning around, "So, are you going to heed my commands or do I have to train you to do so?"

"Never," I growled back. "I won't listen to you!"

"Fine then, just answer this question. What are you compared to me? All you have to do is say, your slave, master."

"There's no need to call me master, my servant." Now I'm definitely done for. Me and my mouth. But part of me was very proud of myself. I should memorize witty comebacks like this for future use.

Frieza sighed and said, "It's your life." Then he turned around and said, "Zarbon, inject him with some Osperatives." Osperatives, what the crap are those? Then, as if he read my mind, he said, "Osperatives make you unable to fall unconscious." Then, faster than the blink of an eye, there was a needle stuck in my arm. After all the liquid went in, Zarbon took it out.

Then, Frieza walked up to me with a sweet smile. He grabbed me and threw me across the room so that I slammed into a wall. Everything went blurry and pain engulfed me.

Fenila's POV

While working on an injured soldier, my mind kept drifting back to the young boy. I hoped he was okay. Why does he have to be so prideful? Everyone bows down to Frieza, it's not anything to be ashamed of. Then the door opened.

In walked Dedoria who looked way to happy. He opened his mouth and said, "Lord Frieza needs you to report to the throne room now. You better go if you know what's good for you." Then he walked out. I had a sinking feeling in my stomach. I can guess who needed my help.

As soon as I walked in, screams of pain almost shattered my ears. I looked around and found the walls covered with bloodstains, and with a shiver, looked down. Vegeta was on the ground and many limbs lay at an awkward angle. As Frieza slowly advanced toward the boy, he screamed, "NO! Leave me alone!"

"I already told you what you had to say. It's less than five words," said Frieza.

"I-I  don't want to," whispered the prince. "P-please!"

"W-well, i-in that case," Frieza said, mocking the boy as he walked up, "we'll just have to break a few more bones." Several snaps of breaking bones were almost drowned out by the sound of the boy's howls of pain. "What are you compared to me?"

A long period of silence came before the boy replied in a broken whisper, almost too soft to hear, "Your slave, master."

"What did you say? I can't hear you, speak louder," taunted Frieza.

"Your slave, master," Vegeta replied in a slightly stronger voice.

"See, now that wasn't too hard, was it?" Turning to me, Frieza said, "Take him to the healing tanks."

I picked up the still trembling boy and carried him to the medical room as gently as possible. When I got there, I set the timer for four days. He was going to need a long time to heal.

Vegeta's POV

As I floated in the blue liquid, several thoughts floated around my head. Most of them just depressed me. It looks like I finally broke, and it hasn't even been a week yet. Is this fate? Was I always destined to be a slave and nothing greater? How can I even call myself a saiyan, my dad was right to give me up.

Then, I had a happier thought. At least my family is still alive. If anything happened to them, I didn't know what I was going to do.

With great remorse, I thought back to what happened today. Feeling a great deal of shame, I recalled admitting myself Frieza's slave. Then, I closed my eyes and finally fell into a blissful sleep.

Fenila's POV

Frieza had just talked to me at a meeting. The good things are that the boy now gets more food and resting time, as well as being able to move up to his own room. The bad thing, well, he wasn't allowed to heal in a tank unless Frieza gives me permission to let him use one. Well, you can't have everything.

Hope you like this chapter. Might take me a while to upload the next one since school is starting again. Feel free to comment.