What?!

I've got nothing to say, so enjoy!

Vegeta's POV

Lying on my bed, my eyes staring into nothingness, that was what I've been doing for the past few hours. Only one thought went through my head. They can't be dead, they can't be. With lots of free time to think, I've been trying to figure out the meaning of life. What was the point of being born if you were destined to suffer, if it was better for you not to have loved at all. I was so deep in thought that I didn't hear the door open.

Fenila's POV

"Vegeta, you have to listen to me! Your planet is not destroyed." I shouted out these words and waited for a reaction, but the only one I got was a blank stare. "Vegeta, are you listening?! Aren't you happy or anything?"

"How could I be happy when my planet really is gone? You don't have to keep trying to make me happy," he croaked in a hoarse voice.

He must be in denial. I'll just have to find some proof. Then, an idea came. "Hey, Vegeta. If the planet really was destroyed, then it would be all over the universal news, right?" He nodded. "Then explain," I said while pulling out my tablet, "why it's not." I watched as the realization spread over his face, quickly being replaced by joy. Pure joy. Quickly explaining to him how it was just an image projected on the screen, I let my eyes wander over his room. Right now, it was a mess. I guess he trashes it whenever he gets mad. He better not let Frieza find out.

"Can you find out why Frieza did it?" he asked. I guess the prince must want to know if Frieza would use it to harm him further. "Sure, I'll ask him about it," I said with as much kindness in my voice as possible. Hopefully, he won't break again. 

Walking out of the room, I hoped for the first time that I would bump into Frieza.

Vegeta's POV

The next day, I payed a visit to the medical room. "So, did you find out why?" For once, I was actually listening to hear the answer.

"Yes. I did. Frieza did it so he would see if you were attached to your family or not. Unfortunately, you are, and now Frieza is going to use that against you. He would probably tell you your parents are alive today or tomorrow." She talked briskly and I wondered what was bothering her. Oh well, I'll ask her later.

Strolling out of the medical room, I walked right into Nappa and Radditz. Great, now I have to deal with these two. "What is it?" I said in a slightly annoyed tone.

"My prince, I am so sorry that your escape did not go as planned. Please forgive me," said Radditz so sincerely that it almost made me sick. "I will spend my time now fully on you as an apology. What is your order?" 

Wow, I could get used to this kind of treatment. "You may leave me alone for now, there is nothing I need."

"Yes, of course, your highness," Radditz said with a bow. Walking away, Nappa followed him with an eye roll.

Feeling better after bumping into Nappa and Radditz, I continued on walking to my room. Marching causally by the throne room, I heard several voices. They belonged to Zarbon, Dedoria, and Frieza.

Although I knew I would get into trouble if they found out, it went against my instincts not to eavesdrop on the enemy. Pricking my ears, I could just barely make out the sounds.

Zarbon: When are you going to tell him that his planet was not destroyed?

Frieza: Soon, very soon. Now that I have something to use against him, his discipline will become very easy indeed.

Dedoria: But what are we going to do in the meantime? Maybe we can plan out traps for Vegeta to fall into.

Frieza: Very good idea. He needs to learn to never let his guard down.

Then, the door opened so quickly that there was no time for me to react. Walking out first was Dedoria.

Glaring at me, a smile quickly grew on his face. "Well, what do we have here? An spy monkey? Frieza won't be pleased."

Looking down at the ground, I tried to make up an excuse in my mind. "I wasn't spying, I was just walking back to my room."

"Then why do you happen to be lying against the wall?" asked Zarbon. "My, my. It looks like we caught a eavesdropper and a liar. Freiza, someone was spying on out little conversation." With a push, I found myself in the throne room, facing a very angry overgrown lizard.

"You should know better than to eavesdrop on me. What should I do this time?" Then, glancing down, he smiled and said, "Ah, I almost forgot about your tail."

I gulped nervously. My tail had only been pulled once, and it was very painful. Bracing myself for the pain, it still came as a surprise to me.

Frieza flicked his own tail once, and then he appeared behind me grasping my tail. It felt like a raging fire was burning up my spine. I fell down on the ground, defenseless. I tried with all my will to move, but it was impossible. Freiza gripped it harder, and a shriek escaped from my mouth. Biting my tongue to hold back another scream, I desperately tried to think of a way to escape. I then heard a crack, follow instantly by a wave of agony. I clouded my head and left little room to think. A small yelp that I was unable to hold back came out.

"It looks like the monkey doesn't know how to protect his own tail," laughed Zarbon. Darn, pretty boy and the gum ball was here to watch me suffer.

"But this is getting kind of boring," sighed Dedoria. "Frieza, can't you just punch him or something?"

"Gladly," said the lizard. I breathed out a sigh of relief. My tail would finally get a break. Although Frieza only grabbed it for about two minutes, it felt like an eternity to me. My comfort, though, quickly faded as he delivered a quick blow to my stomach.

Jumping on me, he raked his claws down my left side, drawing blood instantly. Agony seared through that side, so much that my mind tried to reject it. I fell down and twisted my ankle. Laying on the ground, many laugh were heard. As I tried to get up, Frieza grabbed my hand and shattered it, even the fingers. I screamed in pain, nothing could hold that back. Frieza then used his tail to give me a quick blow to my cheek. Wrapping it around my neck he picked me up. I could do nothing in defense, and my body felt as heavy as lead.

Then, my stomach was on fire, as he lay blow after blow on it. Still stranded in midair, everything slowly faded into darkness. I faintly heard the door opening, and hoped that Fenila would heal me soon.

Nappa's POV

Quickly entering the throne room, I wondered why Vegeta was in trouble this time. Hoping that it wouldn't be too bad, I pushed open the door. Inside, I saw the young prince, being held in midair and getting beat up. Cries of pain pierced my ears, and they slowly faded into quiet whimpers. The lizard threw the prince against the ground, so hard that it left a crack, and said, "You might want to take him to the medical room. After all, you don't want the monkey to die, do you?"

Gritting my teath in disgust, I replied, "No, I'll take him there right away." Picking up Vegeta, I walked out the door as fast as I can. Walking down the hallways, I took the time to think. His body feels so broken to me. And his tail might be infected too. I wonder if it would hurt him if I ran to the medical room? 

Deciding that since he was already unconscious, it wouldn't do any harm. Jogging to the healing station, I reached it in record time. 

Fenila's POV

The door opened and in came Nappa holding Vegeta. Glancing at him, I put on some gloves. Giving him a quick once over, I found a shattered skull, lots of internal bleeding, and a lot of other broken bones. There was also infection in the claw marks on his left side. And his tail, his tail told a sad story indeed. It was mangled all over and the bone was even broken. I didn't even know you could break a tail. After aligning his bones back together, I put him in a tank and left to attend a conference.

Yay, I was finally able to upload. Thanks for reading and tell me what you think in the comments!