A Treat

Another update, it's a miracle!

Vegeta's POV

It's been around a month since I found out that my home planet was not destroyed. I had been on my best behavior since that had happened and not one incident has occured. Now I was more careful and did everything Frieza told me to, without a complaint. Following all of his orders made me feel like a lap dog, but I knew now that more than just my happiness was at stake.

Although I was unhappy most of the time, there was always that five minutes everyday where everything was not so terrible. That was the time I spent talking to Fenila, whether I just got beat up or if I was just visiting for fun. Who knew I would be visiting a medical room for fun? Fenila wasn't that annoying to me anymore, and she slowly became my friend.

When a voice over the intercom announced that I was to report to the throne room immediately, my stomach dropped. Not knowing what I did wrong, or what was waiting for me, I cautiously walked there. Opening the door, I was very surprised to see Frieza looking pleased. Is he going to punish me or not?

"Since you have done so well recently, I decided to give you a little treat. You get to go on your first purging mission," he said. I gleefully nodded. I heard about these before, and the only ones I've been on before were the ones to accompany my father and learn what it means to be a saiyan. Now I finally get to go on one myself!

"You will go to Planet Yeftersan to rid the planet of any intelligent lifeforms. Return back to the base in a week. The trip itself is around a day long. It should not take too much time, the power levels there are hardly above one hundred." Then, looking behind me, he said, "Zarbon, escort him to the ship." Zarbon nodded, although he did not look very happy. As we neared the ship, he whispered in my ear, "Try anything, and you are dead."

Gulping, I nodded my head, and climbed in the pod. As it took off, the seat leaned back until I found myself in a comfortable leaning angle. A female voice said, "Sleeping gas activated." A light mist filled the air, and within seconds, I was dozing.

When I awoke, we had landed in a place that was almost completely frozen. Snow covered everything in a blanket of white. Turning on my scouter, I located some power levels, all grouped together. Flying off in that direction, I shivered as the snow blew at my face.

When I finally reached there, a group of kids were out playing. There looked very strange, with skin that almost blended in with the landscape. Powering up, I prepared myself to kill them. Right before I was about to fire, an adult came out.

"Please don't hurt my kids, please!" he begged. They're not so different from me, willing to protect family members. Before I lost my will to do my job, I fired. They didn't have time to scream, it was a very fast death. I was about to move on when another power level stopped me. It was the mother.

With tears on her face, she asked, "Why did you kill them? Why?" Sobbing, she fell down beside the corpse of her dead husband. "They weren't doing anything to annoy you. Please, kill me too so that my soul may join them." I blinked. I hadn't expected them to show so much emotions. Feeling regret for killing her family, I answered her dying wish, with a blow to the head.

Walking away from the now deceased group, many feelings churned inside me. I didn't know it would be so brutal, and I wasn't prepared for it. Looking down in sadness, I thought about my options. There wasn't much I could do, since Frieza had given me my mission. It was either them or my family, and I knew which one to choose.

After killing all of the inhabitants, I flew back to my space pod. My head was clouded in sadness at the last words some of them said. They called me a heartless monster, when I wasn't. Sure I had killed them, but only to protect myself and my family. Didn't that justify at least some of it? Clambering into my space pod, my last thought was one of guilt before the sleeping gas activated.

Fenila's POV

Vegeta had finally gotten his first purging mission. I know I should be happy for him, but I was more than a bit repulsed. Atfer this, I didn't know what he would be like when he came back. It wouldn't be the young, innocent kid anymore. His innocence would be gone after this, and he would just be another soldier on this ship, one whose thoughts are to kill and maim. No good would come out of this mission. He only had one day left before the deadline and things weren't looking so well.

Vegeta's POV

As soon as I climbed out of the space pod, I knew something was wrong. Zarbon and Dedoria was looking pleased and Frieza was looking at me disapprovingly. Wondering if I didn't follow the instructions, I glanced at the calendar. Crap, it was the twenty-eighth, two days after my deadline. I am so dead. Not letting the fear show, I looked at them straight in the eye, to show that I was not afraid. The reason it took me so long to finish the mission was because I had despised doing it. Every time before they died, there would be heartbreaking words exchanged, and it made me feel wrong about doing it. I was raised to be a saiyan, but who knew it would involve so much bloodshed?

"I'm afraid that I don't appreciate tardiness," Frieza said, jerking me back to the present. "You will have to be punished, but first, tell me how your mission went."

I obeyed, not wanting to make anything much worse than it is now. "All intelligent life forms on the planet are annihilated. The planet is ready for you to gather the minerals."

"Good, at least you have not failed at that part. Dedoria, Zarbon, escort him to his room. He is to stay there until the punishment is ready." His two henchmen nodded and gripped me roughly by the arms. They took me to my room without a word, which was unusual. After the door was closed behind me, I was alone.

Crawling on my bed, I let the tears flow. For the first time, they weren't tears of pain, they were tears of sadness. My mind went over the last week, all that slaughtering and killing, the ripping apart of loved ones and their pleads of mercy. How they threw themselves in front of others in a desperate attempt to save their family. And after I had done all this, exactly what Frieza had wanted, I was still going to be punished. It just wasn't fair.

Then, my mind traveled a different path. There was so much emotion shown, ones that I was never able to express. I was never allowed to cry at home, never allowed to show that I loved my family. Falling into a restless sleep, my dreams had all changed into nightmares.

Awww. Poor Veggie. I might start writing another fanfiction along with this one, so I'm open to ideas involving Vegeta. Please comment.