Continuing on with the dicipline

Vegeta's POV

Time passed. How long, I had no clue. My stomach started to growl and there was an empty hollowness inside me. Eventually, I must have drifted off to sleep. When I finally woke up, there was a moment of confusion about where I was. Then I remembered. My stomach growled again, more pronounced this time, and my throat was parched as well. Then, a vent opened above me.

An image of delicious, cooked meat appeared along with a cup of water so bright it sparkled. Even the scent was there, you could smell the delicious aroma that was drifting off the plate in waves.

My mouth watered. I spent at least three-fourths of a day in here and was starving. Somewhere in the back of my mind, a voice warned that something was wrong about this. After all, Frieza had made it clear that there would be no food or water. Yet, the image was right above me. Paying no heed to the warning in my head, I tentatively reached out. Then before my skin made contact, an electric shock ran through my body. Automatically withdrawing my hand, I looked at it in confusement. Then, the meaning became clear to me.

Frieza did this on purpose. He was going to taunt me by putting what I wanted most right in front of my face. I was so close to it, yet I will never be able to eat and drink. My stomach growled again and I reached out a second time. ZAP! My tail fur was now slightly singed. I looked at it again and saw a small camera behind it. So, he was broadcasting this to the crew. Everyone would watch me hurt myself again and again in an attempt to eat. Pushing those thoughts aside, I reached out again for the plate.

After a while, hunger pangs overtook me. Now there wasn't much I could do besides huddle in a little ball. Occasionally, I would reach out and get electrocuted again. My throat was always parched and I'm beginning to question if Frieza is really going to let me out in three days. Surely it's been longer than that.

Finally, a small light shone. The door to the cell opened. I took a peek outside and shot out before anyone could do anything. The only thought in my mind was FOOD! I need to get something to eat and drink! Bursting into the mess hall, I found a slab of meat. Nothing had ever looked so appetizing before. 

"STOP! You can't eat that, it's for dinner tonight!" one of the chefs yelled out at me. Scowling in his direction, I cast a quick ki blast and killed him in a second. I needed food NOW. Jumping on the meat, it was devoured in a couple seconds. It didn't matter that it was raw. After my belly was content and full, I looked up, only to see Frieza looking at me with an expression of anger. Damn, I screwed up this time!

"You do realize that he was our best cook, right?" His voice was dangerously low. "And since you have no cooking skill, I can't make you take his place. Well then, it looks like there will be one more part to your punishment." With one last angry glare, he left.

Several days later:

Closing the door behind me, I kneeled down before Frieza. I hated this gesture, but right now really didn't feel like the time for a beating. My palms were slightly sweaty, and I was nervous. Frieza was going to punish me now, and I knew that it was going to be bad. 

"Now that you arrived, we can get started," he said and Zarbon and Dedoria chained me to the wall, handcuffing both my hands and feet. Strange, I haven't seen those chains before. Maybe he added them just for me. "Take a look outside," he said. I glanced at the window and my eyes froze there. Before me stood my planet, Planet Vegeta-sei. Oh no, what's Frieza going to do to it? 

"Watch, monkey. This is why you're supposed to follow my rules, such as no running away or don't kill the cook." With a laugh, he jumped out of he base, leaving me still chained along with Zarbon and Dedoria. With dread in my heart, I prayed that he wasn't going to hurt my mom and dad. 

At first, Frieza didn't appear to do anything. He just floated with an intense look of concentration on his face. Then, and ball of light appeared above his index finger. It steadily grew larger and larger until it was about the size of my room. 

Some saiyans looked up at the sky. I recognized a few of them, some were my friends. With panic in my heart, I figured out what he was going to do.

"Watch out!" I screamed as loud as I can in an attempt to rescue my friends. Alas, my voice wasn't loud enough. I would learn later that the base was soundproofed, so that there was no way they would ever have heard me. Then, the ball of light hovered to the planet, and the second they connected, everything exploded. 

I just watched, as my planet was destroyed, as my home was demolished. I waited for the sadness to come, but in its place was emptiness. It must be the shock. 

"Now you see why you shouldn't disobey me," he said. I just gazed blankly at him. It couldn't be true, it just couldn't be. All other sounds were just a blur in the background. I bent my head and walked out of the throne room.

Fenlia's POV

"Hey, do you know where Vegeta is?" I yelled to one of my fellow doctors. 

"Yeah, I think he's still in his room," he replied. 

Running as quick as I could, many thoughts went through my head. I had to tell Vegeta. It would snap him out of his depression. Planet Vegeta-sei was still intact.

This chapter was a bit shorter than the others because it was originally planned to be included with the other chapter. Well, I hoped you enjoyed reading it and feel free to comment about anything.