Finale

The end came up so quickly! Just a quick warning, this chapter is kinda depressing. I had trouble controlling my emotions while writing this part! So, uh, read at your own risk! :)

Vegeta's POV

With my hand holding Fenila's, I was able to gain a little bit of courage. My heart sank a little as I thought about how this might be the last time I ever saw her.

"Are you two ready to face the consequences of running?" Frieza's voice sounded more joyful than usual, and I shuddered to think about what was about to happen. With my head bowed low in respect, I replied, "Yes, Lord Frieza." Beside me, I heard Fenila echoing my answer. I tensed a little as Frieza motioned for me to come closer.

I walked across the throne room, the floor seeming unnaturally cold. For the first time in several years, I didn't kneel down before him. I needed to show Fenila that I wasn't afraid. Frieza chuckled at my actions as his tail swished behind him. Bending down, he gave me a quick shot of osperatives. "Ready?" he asked.

I didn't answer, because even if I wanted to, I wouldn't have had enough time. His tail whipped around before I could blink and crashed into my body, sending me flying against the wall. I gasped out in pain as a fiery burning sensation came from my leg, which was now broken. Laughing ruthlessly now, he used his tail to grasp my mangled leg, making me emit another gasp.

"My little monkey, you seemed to have forgotten all the rules of the ship," Frieza softly whispered. With his tail still wrapped around my leg, he slammed me onto the ground again and again. I couldn't hold back a small cry of agony.

"Oh, does this hurt?" His voice sliced through my ears, making me shiver. Without waiting for a response, his tail now wrapped around my waist, crushing all of my ribs and making me cough up blood. Slamming me against the wall again, he slowly paced towards me.

"Oops, sorry," he said with no sincerity as his foot landed on my good leg, breaking it instantly. I shrieked out, no longer able to silently endure the torment. Throwing me up into the air, he kicked me in the stomach twice before letting me fall down. I spasmed before throwing up my own blood.

"S-stop," I rasped, my voice dragging across my throat between uneven breaths. This only caused Frieza to laugh harder as he started attacked viciously. His claws raked my side making blood flow down in steady streams. The fists came again and again, targeting my face. And the tail, it crashed against my body, harder than any whip in the universe.

Instead of my vision going blurry, everything became sharper due to the osperatives. It was all I could do to keep from losing my sanity as I cried out for mercy. Soon the blows slowed down and I hoped it was over.

"Something almost slipped my mind," Frieza said. "It wouldn't be a real lesson unless your tail was included!" My heart plummeted. "D-don't," I whispered weakly as Frieza gripped my tail. He began increasing the pressure one tiny bit at a time, drawing out my moment of misery. Soon a fire raged through my body, and I wasn't aware of anything else but the pain. A snap or two was heard eventually, which signaled that my tail was broken.

I started to cry, no longer able to control my tears. Frieza clucked in disappointment as he started to tear into my disfigured tail. Claws flew at it and soon it wasn't even recognizable anymore. Freiza tossed me into a corner and I lay there, unable to move.

Fenila's POV

As I saw the horror happening before my eyes, it went against every instinct not to rush up and help Vegeta. I clenched my hands together until my fingernails left indentions in my skin. I looked over at all the damage and decided that this was the worst torture Vegeta has ever received. I barely bit back a growl as Frieza started on his tail and sighed in relief as he was thrown into a corner.

I raced over to him and wiped away his tears, doing my best to ignore the third person in the room. "I'm so sorry for getting you into this mess," I whispered. Giving him a small kiss on his nose, I whispered, "I love you." Barely holding back tears of my own now, I crossed the room towards Frieza and followed Vegeta's example, refusing to kneel.

Frieza smiled coldly as he raised a hand. Then all went black.

Vegeta's POV

I could only watch as Fenila faced down this monster who had enslaved me. Something bad was coming, I could sense it. "Fenila!" I weakly cried out willing myself to crawl towards her to offer even the smallest bit of protection. Then I saw Frieza raise a hand and strike down, hard.

Fenila fell down to the ground making no more movement. There wasn't a rise or fall of her chest to indicate breathing, nor a small fluttering heartbeat to be heard.

"NO NO NO NO NO!" I screamed out in rage as I ripped myself off the ground towards her. Landing heavily on her body I desperately checked for a pulse, or anything to show she was alive. But she wasn't. Her body was cold and still.

I heard Frieza say something but my mind wasn't paying attention. Frieza must have eventually attacked me again, but my body betrayed no feeling. I was just an empty shell. Fenila was gone and it was all because of me. I stared blankly at my now dead girlfriend.

Three days later...

Everything seemed unimportant now. I trudged through my day without a second thought, scraped through my training without effort. Nothing was right. I thought love was always supposed to win. I looked at the blank wall in my room and made a decision.

I, Prince Vegeta, will never love again. From that moment on, I sealed off my heart to the outside world. I stashed away the thoughts of Fenila, and had only one objective in life. Someday I will become the legendary super sayian and defeat Frieza, for Fenila.

Epilogue...

Bulma's eyes teared up as she heard this story. "Vegeta, I'm so sorry," she whispered giving him a hug. Vegeta remained stone still until finally returning it. "Everything's better now," she said, comforting him. Upstairs, Trunks lay with one ear on the window listening to every word of the story. He bit back his sobs while trying to process this new information. Eventually he walked downstairs with a homemade father's day present. 

"Happy father's day," he said handing the small gift to Vegeta. Vegeta gave a small smile, the first one in forever. Everything was fine now, and the world was a happier place.

I guess this story is finally over now. I've had fun writing this, and thank you for all your comments! If it wasn't for your encouragement, I probably wouldn't have finished this. Thanks to all my loyal fans for sticking with me to the end!