Growing Up

Sorry for the humongus delay, I had serious writer's block. This chapter is a little bit different from other chapters, you'll find out what I mean:)

Vegeta's POV

Now, I was thirteen years old. Thirteen years old. That means I spent eight years of my life on this ship, bowing down to Frieza. But, now I also knew how to properly address my "master" and that helps my health A LOT. Finally returning from a mission that lasted a couple months, Frieza had ordered for me to receive a training session from the Ginyu Force.

I despised these sessions, they never taught me anything. All they ever did was beat me to a pulp and laugh. The only sessions that I actually learned something from are the ones I receive from Zarbon, Dedoria, and Frieza. Even though they also beat me up, they would still teach me how to block attacks, how to attack, and how to outwit your opponent, often using me as an example.

I had finally returned from a three month purging mission, and it had served as a short vacation from the base. Limping, I made my way to the medical room. There was a face that I wanted to see.

Fenila's POV

I held my breath, counting the seconds until his arrival. Any second now, the proud prince that has become my friend would open the door. I never realized that I liked him so much until his purging mission began; the last three months has been extremely boring without his chatter.

The door finally opened, and in he came. He had lost those childish bangs a few years ago, and now he was almost an exact replica of his dad, excluding the mustache and the beard.

"Nice to see you again, Fenila," he said. My heart skipped a few beats, I really have missed his voice. "Now if you don't mind, I have a few injuries that need healing. And then I must give my report to Lord Frieza." His face darkened as Frieza's name came up. After a few years, he had gotten used to obeying the tyrant and listening to his every command.

Quickly closing all of his wounds, I tried to make some conversation.

"So, how was your mini-vacation?" I asked.

"Fine," he said. "The only thing that could have made it better was if you came." My heart skipped a few more beats. I loved it when he said stuff like this, even though it was sappy.

"Life at the base has been boring for the past three months. Did you know that Frieza had decided we were going to relocate again?" As I babbled on and on about what events occurred while he wasn't here, I took a look at his body, examining it. His muscles had become a lot harder, and his eyes were almost always guarded now. The only person he really talked with was me, and I think that the previous friendship had blossomed into something more.

Vegeta's POV

I stood up and stretched. Talking with Fenila has been fun, but now I must get going and report to Lord Frieza. "It was nice talking to you, but I must get going. I'll see you later."

Walking out of the room, I braced myself for Frieza. What am I scared of anyway? Everything was fine, no mistakes were made or anything. Walking into the throne room, I took my place and kneeled down before Frieza. I hated this part, but now I knew better than to resist.

"Lord Frieza, I am here to give you the report of my purging mission."

"Very good, so, tell me, what happened?"

I recapped the slaughtering of all the people and the valuable minerals I had found there.

"Very good Vegeta, very good. You are dismissed, and for your meals, I will now allow you to get a bigger serving."

YAY! Thank the gods, I was starving! Letting one of my few rare, true smiles slip out, I rushed out of the room.

Wow, one of the few chapters where it actually has a happy ending! This chapter is shorter than usual because I have a surprise planned for the next chapter! The reason that it took me so long was because it was so awkward for me to type up a love scene. I don't know when the next chapter will be updated, but hopefully soon! And before you attack me, the next chapter will be the last chapter as mushy as this one. Now no more spoiliers!