Is Frieza Being Nice?

Sorry it took me so long to post this one. I guess you can say I'm grounded :( So I'm just typing this in the free time I have. Lame excuse, I know.

Vegeta's POV

Just after finishing one of my "training sessions" with Zarbon, I slowly walked back to my room on unsteady legs. Why are my legs unsteady, you may ask. Well, the pretty boy decided that it would be funny if he broke both them. Thinking back to my training session today, I winced.

Flashback

"N-no, go away," I pleaded.

"But we're just starting," Zarbon said with a smirk. He slowly approached me, relishing my fear. "What's wrong, you look absolutely terrified," he mocked. Then, with pleasure, he began breaking my legs slowly working his way up to my ribs.

Flashback ends.

I hated everyone on board. but, I especially hated Zarbon, Dedoria, and the scumbag Frieza. I'll make them pay one day, I will be the one to end their lives, and I'll be sure to end it slowly and painfully.

Felina's POV

Even though that this may sound strange, I hoped that Vegeta will be okay. I remember when he came toddling in, the pain visible in his eyes. And at that moment, I felt something I never felt before, I felt a desire to protect him and keep him from feeling so much pain. Although he wasn't allowed a healing tank, I told him some good news to cheer him up. After telling him about his new room and restored food usages, he cheered up greatly. 

What am I doing? I should be focusing on treating patients, not daydreaming. But, thinking back to when he was treated, I believed that I have a right to worry about him. After all, his wounds were more serious than most on Frieza's ship. Today, he came in with two broken legs, a crushed hand, as well as several fractured ribs. You might think that's harsh, but in truth, he got off easy that time.

Vegeta's POV

Frieza allowed me to roam a bit around the ship now. It isn't much but at least I have some freedom now. If you can call it freedom. Back home on Planet Vegeta-sei, I could go anywhere I wanted to in the castle.

Then, a life changing thought struck me. I wasn't going back to Planet Vegeta-sei anymore. My life will never be as good as it used to be at home. If I knew where I was going to be at the age of five, then I would have never complained back home. 

 Then, the door opened and in came the overgrown lizard himself.

"Monkey, I got some friends for you, they will be your new babysitters," he said.

"Babysitters? I don't need any babysitters," I asked as my eyes narrowed in suspicion. Since when did Frieza give me something? Knowing him, they would probably stab me in the back as soon as they got the chance to. Or maybe they would be a whole new Zarbon and Dedoria.

"Well, you were looking so pitiful toddling around that I decided you needed some help," he shot back, chuckling as he heard my growl. Then, he stepped aside, and who else did I see except my old bodyguard on Planet Vegeta-sei and some other dude who had so much hair I he could pass for a girl.

"Nappa?" I heard my voice say in a high voice. Damn, why do I have to sound so week and young? I couldn't even dare to hope that Frieza would let them stay. They were also both saiyans (you could tell by their tail), so I would no longer be the only one on the ship. And besides that, Nappa was an old buddy. I still remember when I was a lot younger and he was giving me a lesson on how to defend myself. The other saiyan though, I don't know about him.

"Well, I'll just leave you three to get acquainted," said Frieza as he left.

"It is an honor to be in your presence," the two saiyans respectfully replied. It sure felt good to get the respect I rightfully deserved.

Then, the girly one replied. "My name is Radditz and I am honored to serve you, Prince Vegeta," he said.

Nappa looked at him with the scorn obviously visible in his eye and said, "You probably don't want to show him too much respect, Prince. After all, he is only a third-class saiyan. Ain't that right?"

Radditz blushed and said, "Although I am only third-class, you will find that I am still strong and will protect you with my life if needed." Then, no more was said because Frieza entered the room again. 

"Alright, monkeys. I gave you enough time to converse. Nappa, Radditz, follow my to your new living areas," he said. The two older saiyans got up with great reluctance to leave their prince and walked out. 

Vegeta lay on his small bed thinking. I guess that there is hope that my life won't be complete and total hell. I wonder why Frieza let me have them though? Whatever the reason, it can't be good.

Frieza's POV

After the other two saiyans were in their secured in their rooms, one of my soldiers asked me, "Why did you give the monkey some friends, my lord?"

"Why indeed?" I said. "Well, it seems like some of my soldiers don't completely trust me to have the right decision. Does that need to me fixed?"

"N-no Master Frieza. I wasn't doubting you, um, I was just wondering how your brilliant mind worked."

I smiled. Flattering had always been my week spot. "Well, I wanted to install a camera into Vegeta's room to see what he does when he thinks no one is watching. This way, any plans to overthrow me will be squashed immediately."

"So, the two saiyans were just a ploy for that purpose?"

"That was one of the reasons, yes. But the other reason was that with two other of his kind, the prince might choose to rebel again. Now, I can also get another chance to punish him, and this time, I'll give it my all." I smirked and then said, "All your questions are starting to get annoying though. I think that maybe someone needs to shut up."

You should have seen the look on his face as he paled and started stuttering.

"My, my. Didn't I just tell you to stop talking. Well, I'll just help you with that." And with that, I blasted a hole right through the soldier. His last scream of agony was music to my ears. Grinning with joy, I called for one of the custodians to come clean up the mess.

Vegeta's POV

Although I don't know the reason Frieza gave me two fellow saiyans, I do know to be grateful to them. How much I changed from before, I would never have shed another thought of two more followers. Maybe, just maybe, my plan to kill Frieza would be one step closer.

Hopefully, I'll be ungrounded soon. Feel free to comment on anything. And for future reference, this will be the happiest Vegeta will be for a LONG time. Thanks for reading.