Decisions

That's another part uploaded! I'm glad you guys like it.

Vegeta's POV

Waking up, I glanced into the mirror and found out that my face looked like a mess. Washing up, I wondered what I should do now. I didn't want to go on any more purging missions, but that was part of a saiyan's life. The door opened then, interrupting my thoughts.

Frieza came in, and gestured for me to follow him. I stood up on shaky legs, scared of what was coming next. Following him out the door, I recognized this path. It was the way to my old jail cell. At least there won't be a crowd this time. The cell was just as cramped as it had been before, and I was once again chained to the wall with my back showing. Taking out a needle, Frieza gave me a strong dose of operatives. I have experienced this way too many times for a five year old. 

Taking out a whip, he said, "I did warn you that the whippings would only get worse." Thinking back, I remembered my first days here. Gulping, I bent my head and braced myself. "But before we get started, someone is here to watch. Fenila, come in," he said in a singsong voice.

Fenila walked in, and I felt self-conscious. Did she have to watch? I queasily stared at the whip as it got spikes added on to it. Last time, there were no spikes and it still hurt a lot.

The first lash fell across my back and I felt blood come out instantly. The next lash fell down and my hands gripped the chains to keep tears from falling. I wouldn't cry, not in front of a girl. The whip fell down again and again, each time scoring a new wound across my skin. Again and again it came, never once faltering or missing its mark.

My hands held the chains harder and harder. But, the worst was yet to come. Once all the skin on my back was ripped to shreds, the whip landed where old marks were already made. The pain increased by three and once again, tears dotted my eyes. Knowing that it wouldn't stop anytime soon, my willpower was slipping.

Eventually, it stopped, and my hopes were raised, until Frieza said, "The old spikes are getting worn out. Time to put on some new ones." I heard a gasp behind me and knew that the pain would get a lot worse. A LOT. Bracing myself once again, the whip came down, with five times the power it had before. Before very long, I was quietly sobbing, wishing for it to stop soon. My mind was woozy with pain, since I should have fallen unconscious a while ago. Dimly, I wondered how long it would be altogether.

I was still awake, although there was supposed to be no possible way for that to happen. My eye were closed and I was drifting in a lake of pain in my head. My tears were still flowing and all rational thoughts have fled my head. The bite of the whip was getting worse every passing second. I lost track of time and the moment of pain seemed like it would last forever.

Fenila's POV

When Frieza finally finished with Vegeta, his back looked more like a slab of meat that was getting ready to be cooked. It took around two hours or so, and I have never been more relieved when Frieza finally stopped. By then, Vegeta's eyes were closed, and you could have thought that he was unconscious, but it was not possible. Gently, I picked him up and did my best to move him to the medical room with harming him further.

I hated it when Frieza did stuff like this. All I could do was stand by and watch. Laying him down on the medical table, I put together the scraps of skin left remaining as best as I can. He wasn't allowed a tank, so it would be a while before that healed. Bandaging up his back as best as I could, other fellow doctors prepared a salve for him to apply. Wishing that there was some way for Vegeta to escape all this, I walked away to let him rest for a while.

Vegeta's POV

When I woke up, it felt like my back was on fire. Every breath filled my brain with so much pain, so much agony. The most simple acts like sitting up can almost make me pass out. It was at least ten times worse than last time. Laying on the stretcher, I pondered what to do. There was just about nothing physical that was possible for me to do without passing out. A voice then snapped me out of my thinking.

"Vegeta, there's some salve we're going to apply to your back every hour to help it heal. Frieza said you weren't allowed a healing tank," Fenila called from across the room. Narrowing my eyes, I asked, "Who do you mean by we?"

"Well, obviously, you aren't my only patient. I have other responsibilities to take care of, so the other doctors will be helping you too." Her response stung me a little. For some reason, I never thought about her other duties. I guess that I assumed that she would only be taking care of me. Why do I even care about that? Shrugging aside the thought, I braced myself as one of the doctors prepared to put the salve on my back. As he was doing so, the fire increased by twenty. It was burning throughout my whole body now. I quickly passed back into unconsciousness.

A few days later...

Now I was actually able to walk without passing out immediately. The few steps I took were unsteady though and often times, I fell down. Grimacing, I staggered to the door. Almost falling down again, I grabbed the handle. There was nothing I could do, nothing. As this grim realization sank into my head, everything clicked into place.

Wouldn't it just be easier if I stopped struggling altogether? So far, every show of defiance I made was to show that I am the saiyan prince. Yet, my father the king has made no move to rescue me from this place. Does he not care about me or is it just that he was too busy to care for his only son?

The more I thought, the angrier I became. Eventually, I was furious. Having nothing to take my anger out on, I sat down to brood. Maybe it would be better if I just gave up caring about him. After all, he never showed any affection for me. Deciding that I would never do anything for him again, I went to sleep.

Please comment. This story is going to be finished soon. I'll try and upload during Thanksgiving, but no guarantees.