Chapter 4

Sunday came quickly as I had spent Saturday locked in my room thinking about what had happened that night. I came downstairs to say goodbye and when I did, all I wanted to do was kiss him again. I craved his touch, I wanted to feel his arms around my waist again, I wanted to feel his silky hair and I wanted to feel his lips on mine.

“Lily, get changed, they’re at the door!” Mom yelled from the living room.

A second later the doorbell rang and I could hear his deep voice.

I sighed and pulled on a pair of denim shorts and a baggy of the shoulder top.

I hurried down stairs.

“Aunt Lindsey!” I squealed coming down to hug her.                       

Aunt Lindsey was aged. She had long blonde hair, icy blue eyes, and wrinkles on her forehead and around her eyes, pale skin and a thin smile. She was tall and skinny and wore designer clothes.

I pulled her into a hug.

“Oh Lily, look at you! How you’ve grown! You’re so beautiful!” she gushed.

Mom led us all into the living room. I could see Leo shooting me anxious glances but I ignored him. I didn’t even want to register that he was there.

Mom and Aunt Lindsey became incredibly nostalgic as they went on and on about memories of when were little and of them at college.

I sat staring at the floor hoping to slip out without seeming rude. I edged towards the door but suddenly Leo stopped me.

“Lily, can I talk to you somewhere else?” he asked.

“I’m alright…” I muttered.

Mom looked up at me. “Lily, stop being rude. Go and talk to Leo. I’m sure he’s bored.”

I grumbled and followed Leo out of the room. He didn’t stop walking until he reached my bedroom. He clicked the door shut and sat on my bed. He patted the space next to him. I stood in front of the door, folding my arms across my chest.

“We have to talk.” He told me.

I rolled my eyes. “There’s nothing to talk about. I don’t want to hear it, Leo.”

He sighed and walked up in front of me, taking both of my hands into his.

“I suppose I should apologize, tell you it was a mistake. I should tell you that it’s wrong because you’re the student and I’m the teacher…”

“Yeah, you should but I told you, I don’t want to hear it.” I sighed, moving my hands away. “Can’t we just pretend it never happened?”

I sat on the bed cross-legged. He sat opposite me doing the same.

He sighed and shook his head. “I don’t want to forget.”

I frowned at him. I wasn’t expecting him to say that… I expected him to agree with me.

“Lily… you make me feel different. I can’t stop thinking about it… Stop thinking about you! I know it’s only been two weeks but… you’re so different. You’re special Lily.”

I didn’t know what to say. Did he really feel like that? I knew that’s how I felt with him…

“What are you saying?” I asked, my voice barely louder than a whisper.

He brushed a piece of hair out of my eyes, leaving his and to linger on my cheeks. I closed my eyes and leant into it. It felt warms and safe.

I could see him moving closer to me. His face was getting closer. He stopped with his breath on my face. I craved for his lips to be on mine. I needed it. I lifted my head slightly higher so his lips brushed mine.