Chapter 8

The Friday came quickly and I was excited about meeting Leo’s sisters. The school day seemed to take forever to end.

“Hey, guys.” Jason greeted us as we sat in cafeteria for lunch.

“Hey.” We answered back.

“So, Christmas is two weeks and so we’re throwing a party on the day before Christmas Eve.” Jason told us.

“So it’s at yours?” Macy asked.

Jason nodded.

“Sounds great!” I grinned at him.

“But there’ll be drinks, right?” Mike asked.

I rolled my eyes; of course there’d be alcohol. You’d be an idiot to throw a party without alcohol.

“Duh…” Jason muttered. “Jayden’s bringing it all.”

I rested my head on Mike’s shoulder who started to stroke my hair.

“So, who’re you going with, Lily?” Jason asked.

“We have to take dates?” I asked.

He nodded as though it was obvious. “Now, answer my question.”

I sighed. “I don’t know… No-one, I guess.”

“Oh come on, you have to take some-one!” Jason whined.

I rolled my eyes again. “Why? So I can make you jealous?”

“I wouldn’t get jealous if you asked me.” He teased.

I stuck my tongue out. “Nice try.”

He laughed. “But I’m serious; you have to take some-one. We’re not letting loners in.”

“What?! Why?!” I whined.

“Because this way loads of people hook up. Look, we’re just being nice, I mean, wouldn’t it be awesome if loads of people said that they fell in love at your party?”

I laughed. “Are you serious? It’s more likely that people would say. ‘I’m pregnant and the kid is from a one-night-stand all because I was drunk’.”

He scowled. “There’ll be no baby-making at my house.”

“And anyway, I can’t take some-one.” I muttered.

“Yeah, because she’s taken.” Macy blurted out.

My mouth fell open and my eyes widened. I turned to Macy and gave her a desperate shake.

“What?” Jason asked.

“Nothing.” I told him hastily.

“Oh come on, you can tell us!” Mike whined. “Now, who is it?”

“No-one!”

They were about to ask again but the bell rang. I jumped up and hurried to my class, grateful that they weren’t in my next two lessons.

The day flew by and I managed to hide in Leo’s classroom in order to hide from the boys. But I was also waiting for Leo. I hadn’t forgotten his offer on meeting his sisters. I sat down in one of the chairs while I waited for him.

He walked into the room and at first he was pretty surprised to see me.

“Hey.” He smiled at me. “Now, I’m sure I didn’t give you detention today…”

I laughed. “No. Weird, right?”

He chuckled. “Definitely.”

He looked over his shoulders and before leaning over the table and pecking my lips.