Chapter 12

Everything was perfect. My life was perfect. The month had gone amazingly well. Nearly every day after school, I would go over Leo’s and then go home and text him until I fell asleep. Sometimes I would stay the night and tell my parents that I was at Macy’s. My parents were perfectly happy with it. They thought that I was working in the candy shop when I was at his house and when I was at work over the weekends; I would just say that I was at Macy’s house. Macy was an awesome friend. She covered for me all the time without complain.

Macy’s life wasn’t so great. Her parents were getting a divorce and so Macy and James permanently moved in with us. She had also broken up with Dylan but he had now been replaced by Jason.

“Come on.” Leo told me, taking my hand.

We were currently at his house. It was a Monday night and we were curled up on the couch in front of the TV.

“Where are we going?” I asked, getting up.

“On at date.” He told me.

“What?” I frowned. “I’m not dressed for one.”

“Oh well, you’re dressed perfectly.” He said.

I stuck my tongue out. “You’d say that. Where are we going?”

“Not telling but don’t get your hopes up, it’s nothing fancy.”

I laughed. “Fair enough…”

“Come on, let’s go.”

He led me outside and we climbed into his car. The drive was silent. I peered through the window for any clue of where this date was.

“I thought we agreed that our dates wouldn’t be public?” I asked him.

“I’m sure no-one will see us.” He told me soothingly.

We got there within five minutes. He was taking us to the movies.

“Leo! There’ll be tonnes of students here! Especially with that new Harry Potter movie out!” I groaned.

“I’m sure they won’t see us; it’s dark in there, remember?” he told me.

“Leo, this isn’t a good idea…”

“You said you’ve been wanting to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 for ages!” he whined.

“I did bu-!”

“No buts. Come on.”

I let him drag me inside. I was slightly paranoid and kept glancing around. I saw a couple of people from our school and kept tugging on Leo’s sleeve.

“Let’s buy the tickets separately.” I muttered to him.

He sighed. “Fine but I’m buying.”

He shoved a note into my hand and walked away to get his ticket. I waited for a few minutes before buying my own ticket. I noticed there was some left over money so I bought us both some snacks. I saw him walking into the room and followed him from a safe distance. Once we got inside it was quite dark and we could barely see the people already sitting down. I followed him up to the back of the cinema.

“See, it was fine.” He told me.

“I have a bad feeling about this, Leo.” I whispered.

Suddenly the film started playing and I become silent. The movie was pretty amazing. I loved every moment of it. I even started crying through some of and Leo wrapped his arm around me. He wiped my tears away and held me throughout the whole film. It was one of the best dates we’ve had.