Chapter 5

Usually I hate Mondays but today was different; I leapt out of bed and made myself look extra good. I took a long steamy shower, and then I pulled on my uniform and curled my hair. I even bothered to put make-up on properly, just how Macy had taught me.

Macy came to my house and we babbled on about my weekend. Naturally, I had told her everything.

The journey to school seemed short as I wasn’t able to explain everything. I told her all about our kisses and how we were going to carry on. Macy wasn’t so sure that it was the right thing to do.

“Look, maybe it’s not a great idea. What if you get caught? Do you know how much trouble he’ll be in? It would look like he’s taking advantage of you!” Macy told me.

“But look at it my way: He’s a childhood friend that I haven’t seen in seven years. He’s grown up and looks amazing. We were meant to be. We found each other… right? That must be a sign or something!” I told her desperately.

“Well, it is romantic…” she muttered.

I could tell she was still on the fence about it.

She sighed loudly. “Look, I’m your best friend so I’ll side with you and if you ever need covering for, I’ll be there to cover but… Lily, please be careful. I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

She sounded desperate and there was concern in her eyes.

“I will. Thank you, Macy! You’re the best friend everyone should have!” I gave her a hug as we walked past the school gates.

The day just seemed to drag on and on and on. I spent most lessons watching the clock as teachers droned on. I was eager to see him, even if we couldn’t do anything.

“Hey sexy.” Jason said, smacking my ass playfully.

I smacked his head. “Hey! I thought we had an agreement: upper body fondling only!”

I was only playing along and he knew it. People were starting to stare but we both just laughed.

We were just walking into English and I could see that Leo had seen. I just blushed and hurried into my seat.

The lesson went on and I watched him, trying not to drool. He looked so good in that shirt. It was grey and the top few buttons were undone and his tie was hanging loosely. He had rolled his sleeves up to his elbows, showing off his muscular forearms.

“Lily!” Macy hissed.

I blinked at looked up at her and then realized that he was standing right in front of my desk.

“Huh?” I muttered.

“Answer the question, Miss Worthington.” Leo said, smirking at me.

I scowled. “Can you repeat it?”

“Detention, Miss Worthington for not listening. Now stop day dreaming and pay attention.”

I rolled my eyes. “Jerk.”

It was barely audible but he heard and threw me another smirk.

The lesson passed in a blur. It was easy and half of it was stuff I already knew…

 Macy left me to serve my detention and I sat waiting for him to say something.

“Okay, for your detention, you need to go into that store room and find me a copy of Romeo and Juliet.” He told me.

He was smirking like crazy.                                              

I raised an eyebrow. “Seriously? I thought you were using this as an excuse to make out.”

“Yeah, right…” He scoffed.

I stuck my tongue out before walking into the store room. The store room was tiny and it was filled with book shelves. I felt slightly claustrophobic as I scanned the shelves. It took me a full twenty minutes to find the bloody book.

I turned to walk back into the classroom only find him behind me. He was crammed inside the store room. He clicked the door shut and locked it. I had my body press against him.

His lips came crashing down on mine. He had his hands on my waist, trying to push me closer. I melted into him as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

I pulled away for a few seconds. Our foreheads were still touching.

“I guess I was right… You just want to make out with me…”

“You know me too well. How could I resist?”

He pressed his lips onto mine and I didn’t protest. He nibbled on my lip so I opened up to him. Then his lips moved down my neck to my collarbone.

I slipped a hand up his shirt feeling his hard abs. I stroked his chest and stomach.

He pulled his lips back up onto mine. He was tugging on my shirt but didn’t try pulling it up.

We ended up pulling away at the same time for breath.

“Oh, Lily. We shouldn’t be doing this.” He whispered.

“Oh okay, I’ll just go, shall I?” I teased.

“Shut up.” He pecked my lips.

I smiled. “I found your stupid book.”

He rolled his eyes. “I didn’t really need it, silly.”

“Oh really? Romeo could teach you a thing or two.” I smirked up at him.

“Pfft! Romeo learnt from the best!” he scoffed, gesturing to himself.

I laughed.

“You’d better get home. You had way too many detentions.” He told me.

I nodded. “You got that right. I have to get home soon if I get there before Mom.”

“You know, you rarely speak about your Dad.” He told me.

“I rarely speak about my parents at all…”

He chuckled. “Good point.”

“Well, my Dad’s barely home. He’s this big business man and has tonnes of business trips and stuff…” I told him. “I feel bad sometimes, you know. He works his ass off so we can get everything because he lived in poverty as a kid.”

“You’re Dad’s an awesome guy.” He told me, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

“Look, I’d better get going.” I reached up and kissed him again before sliding out of the store room.

I retrieved my bag and walked to the door of the classroom.

“Bye, Sir.”

He winked at me before I walked out.