Chapter 13 (Part 2)

I awoke the next morning and got ready. I lightened on the make-up and wore the most comfy clothes. The trip wouldn’t be too long but I was still aware of the fact that I’d be sitting beside him.

Dad dropped me off at the airport where I was meeting Leo. My parents were pretty soothed by the fact it was Leo taking me. They trusted him with my life…

He got off and helped find Leo.

“Uncle John! Nice to see you again.” Leo greeted, shaking Dad’s hand.

“Take a care of her.” Dad told him, staring at me fondly.

I rolled my eyes. “It’s only for one night, calm down, Dad!”

He laughed and ruffled my hair. “Behave, alright? Oh and make sure you win.”

“I’ll try, Dad.” I told him, laughing.                                                                  

He pulled me into a hug. “I’ll see you in a month, okay?”

I sighed, remembering Dad’s business trip. He was going for a month to Germany to meet some wholesalers or something. I had barely seen him over the past few months and he knew I was pretty upset about it.

“Okay, Dad. You be safe.” I told him.

“I always am, sweetie.” He whispered, kissing my forehead.

“We’d better get going, Uncle John.” Leo said quietly, clearly trying not to ruin the moment.

I sighed again and walked to Leo’s side.

“Bye, Daddy, I love you.” I told him.

“I love you too.” He told me.

Leo led me away from him, taking the trolley from my hands. He led me through everything, handing our passport over when needed or passing our luggage into the plane. Everything was running smoothly, except for the fact that he was completely ignoring my presence. Now we were waiting for our flight to board. We were sitting in the waiting area which was almost completely surrounded by shops.

“Um, Mr Hudson, I’m going to get some coffee, would you like some?”

My voice sounded horrible formal and strained. But truth be told, I had no idea how to talk to him but it seemed to make things awkward.

“Call me Leo, Lily. I’ll come with you, okay?”

He sighed and followed me over to a coffee shop.

I bought us both the normal coffee order that we used to always get. 

“You didn’t have to buy mine.” He told me.

I shook my head. “No, it’s fine.”

We sat down near a window so we could still see our flight on the screen. I sat looking down at my mug, stirring it slowly.

“So, piano, huh? You never told me that you played.” He said.

I looked up at him. He was just making some small talk.

“Yeah, I… Um, I also play guitar.” I told him.

“Seriously?”

I nodded.

“How come you never said?” he asked me.

I shrugged and sipped my coffee.

Suddenly everything became awkward and we stopped talking. I felt myself feeling slightly frustrated. Why was this happening? Why hadn’t everything gone back to normal? I guess it just wasn’t meant to be…