Chapter 7

Almost a month had passed and things were going amazingly well. Things were starting to get pretty serious between Leo and me. I knew everything about Leo, every embarrassing moment, all the happy moments, all the sad moments and then just a load of random stuff about him that no-one knew. Things were getting better and better as the days went by.

“Lily?” Leo greeted me on the phone.

“Oh, hey Leo, is anything wrong?” He never usually called me.

I was sat on my bed playing with my patchwork quilt.

“There’s nothing wrong, just that you left your cardigan at school.” He told me.

I glanced at the chair on which I had put my uniform after I had changed. I’d been home for a few hours but I hadn’t noticed.

“Oh shoot. Well thanks for telling me… It’s the only one I have. What should I do?”

It was true. It was the only cardigan I had and we weren’t allowed to wear anything else to school. It was pretty important since it was mid-December.

“Well I took it home… will you be able to come and get it? I would drop it off but my car broke down last night.”

“Yeah, okay, where do you live?”

Ten minutes later I was all set to go over to Leo’s I was slightly nervous.

I hurried out of the house and walked over to his. He lived a few roads away from my house. It was much smaller but looked cosy. I knocked on the shiny blue door.

He opened the door a minute later. “Oh, hey Lils.”

I noticed he was still wearing the clothes that he had worn at school today; the only difference was that there was no tie but instead an apron that said ‘Some men know how to cook’.

I laughed and looked up at him. “Nice apron.”

He chuckled and moved away from the door. “Thanks, I was just making a start on dinner.”

I stepped inside to see the house was surprisingly neat. I made my way over to the living room.

“Make yourself at home and have a look around, I’ll go and get your cardigan.” He walked out of the room and I heard him jog up the stairs.

I pulled off my boots and my jacket before taking a peeking in the oven. He was making lasagne. It smelt delicious.

His house was pretty ideal for a single guy. He had an average sized kitchen and a dining room joined together and then you walked across the hall and past the door into his living room. I looked around at the pictures most were of him and two girls I guessed were the sisters that he told me about. The older one was very pretty. She had long blonde hair, big green eyes and was pretty tall for a woman. She looked a lot like an older version of Macy. Leo had told me that her name was Lynette. The younger of the two looked about six. She also had pretty blonde hair and stunning blue eyes that were identical to Leo’s. Leo had told me her name was Lizette.

I decided to go upstairs and take a peek. I looked inside his bathroom, next door was a box room, which he used as an office and opposite that was his room where I could him standing, clutching my cardigan. I silently walked in behind him and threw my hands over his eyes.

“Guess who!” I shouted childishly.

He laughed. “Um… Santa?”

I laughed and pulled my hands away.

He groaned playfully. “You’re no Santa…”

I stuck my tongue. “Choose now, Santa or a girlfriend.”