News! News! News!

TAMAR POV

I decided to call Toni on the way to the house.

Tamar:
Hello Toni Braxton Living Legend.

Toni:
You so silly. What's up?

Besides the fact that you weren't at your house, nothing.

Oh yeah, Lee changed her mind last minute.

I also ran into Vincent.

Oh gosh! He had to drop something off for me. I'm so-

It actually went okay.

My bad though, Tay! See you when you get here.

Alright.

When I pulled up, the party had been over and the only people left were Bella, Diezel, Toni, and Talia.

Bella and Diezel were all snuggled up on the couch. Talia was sleeping on Mommy and Toni was talking to someone on the phone.

I plopped on the couch. "Hard day Taymee?" Mommy asked. I sighed, "Parts of it, is there any chicken?" She pointed to the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen to see Toni sitting on the counter eating chicken. "Hey Tay!" She was extra giddy.

I warmed up some chicken and turned to Toni, "Toni. Did you set that thing up with me and Vincent?" She refused to answer.

"New topic. Guess who I was on the phone with?" I was tempted to say Vincent but I'll let her slide. "I don't know, who?"

"Towanda." I looked at her, trying not to show my discomfort. "What for?" I said instead of saying something smart.

"She wanted to know if we could have a family dinner, here." I pretended to think about it when we both definitely know my answer will be no.

"C'mon, Tay. It's been four years since we've all sat down and ate together. As Braxtons. As sisters."
"No, Toni."

"Please Tamar?" Honestly, there is no reason why me and my other sisters fell out of contact. We were never close so drifting from them didn't seem hard.

"Fine. But if there are any shenanigans, I'm leaving. Kids allowed?"

"Absolutely." She answered while doing a happy dance. I rolled my eyes and playfully pushed her tiny body out my way.

I walked out the kitchen and sat next to Mommy for her opinion. "Mommy, its been years since we've talked."

"Exactly!" she snapped. "You can not go all your life pretending like Toni is your only sister. You hear me? You have to talk to them."

I nodded, "Well, good night. It's late and I should probably take her home. Night Mommy. Night lovebirds, other there."

"Night." Bella and Diezel said simultaneously. I picked up Talia and left to go to our townhouse. I tucked Lia in her bed. Then went downstairs and thought about seeing Towanda, Trina, and Traci again for the first time in four years. I made myself a martini and fell asleep on the couch.

~~~

When I woke up it was 10am, and I was 3 hours late for work. I had to call in sick. "Hello, Val? I can't come in today, think I'm coming down with something." He said he'll let our boss know. "Thanks V." I hung up.

I checked my messages and there is one from Trina: 'Can't wait to see you sis! and for you to meet my baby girl!'

I had gotten one from Traci and Towanda almost saying the same thing except the new baby. I went upstairs to check on Talia, who was still sound asleep.

I checked my phone and saw a missed call from Vincent. I don't know about Vincent. He seems like a cool guy, but just a friend. I don't know if he's my type. I don't know.

Maybe I should see if he sees me as a potential girlfriend, but probably I should see if we're friends first.

So many things happening right now, my sisters are coming to visit and Vincent is throwing me off track. We'll see how this goes...