Daddy Issues

TAMAR POV
*5 months later*

Last night me and Vince celebrated our 6 month anniversary. It wasn't as big as our first month but it was just as special. We just chilled at my house, which is Toni's old house, with Talia.

Over the last five months, Vince and I have gotten much closer and we spend almost every second together.

We finished my single and it should be released any day now. Toni came to visit two months ago. She's the only person who's heard my single. She also convinced my to keep in contact with the other sisters, so I called Traci over and we talked everything out. She apologized for the nasty things she ever said about me and we've hung out twice since.

Around 7pm, I was getting Talia ready for bed. "Mommy, can you get my teddy bear?"

"Yes baby." I said. I went across her room to her teddy bear collection and picked out her pink one she sleeps with all the time. "Okay, dadd– Vince. Vince is gonna come later on so don't wait up, go straight to bed. Night baby girl."

"Night Mommy." She said. I kissed her head and walked out.

I went straight down stairs and made a martini. I sat down trying to cope with the fact I just called Vince Talia's dad. I decided to call Toni and ask for some advice.

Toni:
Hey sis!

Tamar:
Hey Tone, I gotta a problem.

With the girls or Vince, or Talia?

Actually I'm cool with Traci now, but no its not them, Vince, or Talia.

Then who?

Me!

Tamar, you've had THE talk already, I don't –

TONI!

She laughed a good minute before returning back to the call. She's such a clown.

Toni:
Sorry, really though, what's wrong?

Tamar:
I almost called Vince Talia's dad... in front of her.

Ohhhhhh. Damn Taymee.

I know I've only known him for like seven months. But he treats her like a daughter and she loves him so much! I don't know, what do I do?

Tell him, see what he says.

What if it freaks he out? What if he doesn't wanna be a father to another man's daughter? Oh my gosh!

T! Just ask him, remember honesty is the best policy, especially in a relationship.

Okay, thanks Toni. Love you, bye.

Love you, bye.

I sat there drinking my martini and watching TV. I decided to wait up for Vince instead of telling him in the morning. Vince stays here some days, in the guest room.

Sometimes.

But we haven't done the nasty.

Anyways, while I was washing the dishes, I heard the front door open. "Baby, is that you?"

"Yeah." I heard him say.

"Come here, I have to tell you something." I heard his footsteps come into the kitchen. He came up to me and hugged me from behind and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey bae. What you gotta tell me?" He asked laying his stuff down on the island. I dried my hands and sat at the table. "Well, I was tucking Talia in and she asked where you were."

"My favorite little girl. She sleeping?" He asked.

"Yeah, for like an hour now. But I almost called you her dad." His eyes got big and he sat next to me.

I went on a rant, "I'm sorry, I know you probably don't wanna raise her like that but its just, I see how you treat her and how she loves you. It just came out and I didn't mean it and she doesn't call you daddy. I'm really–"

"Tamar! Stop. If Talia wants to call me her father, her dad, I wouldn't mind. She is like my little best friend. I love her just as much as I do you. Okay?"

I can't believe he would take on that father roll. "Aww, Vincent," I said holding his hand. "you're the best!"

"Thank you. Let's go to bed, big day tomorrow, remember?" He said. "Yes love. Where you sleeping tonight?" I asked hoping he'd say with me.

"With you my love." I grinned. I feel safe when he sleeps next to me. "Let's go then." As we were walking up stairs, I heard Talia in her room. I went in and she was laying in her bed, eyes open, playing with her stuffed animal.

"Princess? Why aren't you sleeping?" I asked turning her lights on fully.

"I was waiting for Vince." As she said that, he came behind me. As soon as she saw him, she smiled. "Hey Talia, I thought you were sleeping?"

"I waited for you." She sat up with the same smile on her face. He went over to her bed and sat down next her. He asked if they could talk alone. Of course I said yes, and I think I know what the talk was about.

VINCE POV
"Hey pretty girl." I smiled.

"Hi Vince." Talia said back.

"Mommy told me she almost called me your daddy."

"Yeah, but she said Vince after. Am I not allowed to call you daddy?" I didn't know how to explain to her that she can call me her dad if she wanted. I wasn't a pro at this parenting stuff.

"Well. Yes you are, but only if you want." I said.

"I don't like calling you Vince, because you are my daddy, right?" She asked as her eyes glossed over.

"Well, yeah. I guess I am your daddy."

"Can I call you my daddy instead of Vince?"

"Yes Lia, you can absolutely call me Daddy."

"Okay, well goodnight Daddy." She said as she laid back down with a smile in her face.

"Night princess."

I went into Tamar's room and she asked how it was. "She asked why she hasn't been allowed to call me her dad."

"What'd you say?" Tamar asked.

"I told her she is allowed to and she can address me as her daddy"

TAMAR POV
"Wow. You're a daddy." He smiled and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I waited for him to come to bed.

When he came out he said, "No Daddy issues, huh?"

I laughed, "No more Daddy issues." He came in bed and I moved over to his side and fell asleep in his arms.