Surprises Make Happy Endings

TAMAR POV
*three weeks later*

It's been three weeks since Talia has been home. I've been taking her to work with me, just to make sure she eats properly and drinks water only.

I've had three dates with Vince, which I've nicknamed him, since the dinner with the sisters. He is a great friend. We've had a lot of fun and I like where our friendship is going.

Now, I'm on my way to work and Talia is with me, of course. And its Friday, thankfully.

While I sit at my desk, Talia plays on the floor. It's the only way she can't distract me. "Hey Tamar." I heard a voice say. I already knew it was Vince.

"Hey V. I thought you were off today?"

"I am, but I want to take you out for dinner tonight."

"Why didn't you just text me?" I chuckled.

"So I can see you're face when you answer." He said all flirtatious and giddy.

"Well, I can." I smiled.

"8. Fancy. Preferably, not too long or loose." He said with a wink.

"Bye Vince."

"Bye T, bye Lia."

"Bye." Since Talia has been spending time here, she knows Vince and they actually get along.

I leave in half an hour so I called Mommy and asked her if she can watch Talia, of course she said yes.

After I leaving the job at 6, we went home and got Talia some stuff so she can sleep over at Mommy's. Mommy came over and picked her up and I started getting ready because Vince is gonna be here any minute now.

As I got out the shower, the doorbell rang. I went downstairs and it was Vince. "Hey Vince." I said kind of embarrassed.

"Damn, this isn't what I mean by 'not long or loose' but it sure look good." He joked.

"Haha. Come up stairs and you can wait in my room." I went inside my closet and he sat on my bed, we talked until I was ready. I came out in a red dress, wasn't too long and wasn't loose, at all!

VINCE POV
When Tamar walked out of her closet, I was at a lost of words. "You look... Wow."

"Thanks Vince." She was blushing heavily and I don't think she even realized.

"Damn. Turn real quick." When she turned around, she was.. damn. "I can't wait to take you out."

"Let's go then." We walked downstairs and she got everything she needed then we left. "So where are we going exactly?" She asked once we got in the car.

"Just wait."

TAMAR POV
We pulled up to this restaurant and I waited for him to open my door. We walked in handheld and the barista took awhile to seat us. We ate our first four courses and we laughed and talked the entire time.

"Last course, dessert." The waiter came back with dessert we didn't even order. He walked away even though I was calling him. Rude.

After, a guy with a violin started playing and the lights dimmed. Candles lit and I looked at Vince. "Nice dessert. Can we eat it?" he asked.

"Uh no. Its not ours."

"Fine, fine. Can we at least read it? What is that?" I turned the plate around and it had writing on it saying:

"If our 'badly timed mistake' never happen, I wouldn't be able to ask you..."

I looked at him and he said: "Will you be my girlfriend?" I started tearing up and I kissed him, which I've been waiting to do.

"Yes, yes, yes!" I cheered.

After all my tears and commotion, we left and went to his house. We got wine and sat on his couch.

"You really surprised me, but I was waiting for you to ask. Thank you." I kissed him again.

"Your lips are better than I thought." he said. "I can say the same." I said. We toasted to our relationship and we fell asleep on the couch while talking.

[Tamar's dress in media]