Pink Things

TAMAR POV
*8 months pregnant*

I'm still hiding my pregnancy from the public. During the interviews, they ask questions about it but I bend the truth or change the subject. I wear puffy clothes. The hardest thing right now is Talia.

Some days she won't talk to us and other days she will. She still doesn't like the fact I'm having a baby but some days she likes helping with shopping and the baby's room.

Today is my baby shower. I'm announcing the gender. It's very intimate just so the public doesn't know. I will announce it publicly after the baby is born.

I was getting Talia ready for her new sibling's shower. "Mommy, can I where that?" She asked pointing to the baby pink dress and shoes. "Whatever you want baby girl."

"I'm excited." She said. "For the baby?" I said getting a little happy.

"No. TT said she is getting me a present." She said all giggly. I got her dressed and told her everyone is going to be here soon. First came Trina. "Hey Tay! Hey my little baby." She said looking at my belly.

"Trina." I said annoyed. She hugged me and then Talia came running down the stairs. "Auntie TriTri!"

"Honeybee!!" Talia jumped into her arms and they hugged. Talia took her out back to where the party was. One by one my friends and family came in. Toni came and she gave Talia her present. "Hey dumpling."

"Hi, thank you for my gift." She said back. I walked up and told her open it. When she opened it, it was a box with necklaces in it. The necklace said 'Big Sister' and one fore the gender of my baby. Toni knows because Talia told her, of course.

"TT. What does this mean?"

"It means, you have to be the best big sister ever. Your little sibling is going to love you and you have to love it back just as much. Not for me, for you. Okay?" She turned to me and said, "Mommy I want my sibling now."

I started tearing up and we went in the back where everyone was. We played some games and had so much fun. One game, it was a guess the gender and at the end of the shower, who ever guessed right gets a gift.

After a couple hours of fun, Vince asked for everyone's attention. "Thank you all for coming and I know its pretty late but it's time to announce the gender. Tamar would you like to join me." I couldn't unfortunately, Talia was sleeping on me so I just watched. "Okay, never mind. Well I'm going to cut this string and its going to announce the gender."

He cut the string and everyone waited for the gender reveal. It took a couple seconds, until the colored confetti fell from our roof. "IT'S A GIRL!" Vince and everybody yelled.

Someone brought in balloons saying my baby's name. 'Trinity Rose Braxton Herbert.' Everyone congratulated us on our baby. That rest of the night was amazing, sadly, I fell sleep with my baby big girl, Talia, when I was putting her in bed.

The day started great and ended better. I now have the baby that owns my heart, Talia Renee and will soon have my other baby that will own just as much, Trinity Rose.