More Dinners, More Surprises

TAMAR POV
I ended up spending the night at Vince's. But I had to go get Lia so I left first thing in the morning. On the way, of course Toni calls.

Toni:
Hey Monster!

Tamar:
Hey T.

You sound tired. You okay?

Yeah, just going to pick up Talia.

From Mommy's? Where were you?

Yeah from Mommy's.

And.. Where were you?

By Vince.

Woahh. Did y'all-

NO! He brought me out to dinner and asked me to be his girlfriend then we went to his house and talked and fell asleep. We did not do anything else Toni Michele.

Just wondering. So, I called to ask if you want to come to dinner tonight, I have an announcement.

Okay. See you tonight. Love you, bye.

Bye.

When I got to Mommy's, Lia was eating breakfast. "Hey baby, Hey Mommy." I said greeting them both with kisses to their cheeks.

"Hi" They said in sync.

"Mommy, guess what?" I said making Mommy look up at me. "Vince asked me out."

"Isn't this y'all fifth date, that's -"

"No, Mommy. He asked me to be his girlfriend."

"Oh! Baby that's great!!" She said hugging me. I sat beside her and told her how sweet it was.

"He took me out to this really fancy dinner and asked me with dimmed lights, candles, and a violinist."

Mommy started crying because she knew that I was happy. Mommy also cried when I was sad about having a baby so young because it'd affect my future. I guess you can we're emotionally connected.

"Okay, let me get this little one out of here so we can go to the park, go out for some lunch and then get ready for this dinner tonight with Tone."

"Oh yeah, you know your sisters are gonna be there right?" Wow, Toni didn't even bother telling me the other sisters were gonna be there. "Oh,
great." I said forcing a positive attitude. I guess I can bring a surprise too.

"See you later Mommy. Love you!"

Me and Talia did everything we planned and went home to get ready.

My surprise should meet us here to take us there. Just as I came down the stairs, there was a knock. Right on time.

I opened the door and it was Keri, Toni's wusband aka ex husband.

"Hey Keri."

"Hey Tamar, how's the family?"

"Great, and yourself?" I awkwardly said.

"Better than before, I must say."

I did not invite Keri as my surprise to Toni's dinner so I was surprised that he was even here. "What are you doing here, Keri, I have to go in like a second or two."

"Remember my brother, he, um, he is in therapy and while he was there, he confessed to doing something that I'm not suppose to leak but I couldn't not tell you because you deserve to know."

"Okay, what is it Keri?"

"He said he raped one of Toni's sisters and drugged them. I was wondering if you remember anything."

Keri's brother, Ronnie? I twisted my face and glared at him, "What makes you assume, it was me?"

"I don't know, I just thought maybe he could be the dad...but if you want to find out, I got a swab of-"

"Woah. Keri, c'mon its been years since we have even seen each other." I slightly laughed.

"Great John's Hospital, they have his swab there." After he said that he left.

Then, while I was in the doorway, Vince pulled up.

I'm not even sure if he counts as tonight's surprise after what just happen.

"Hey Tay! Ready?" I got Talia and we left. I didn't talk the entire car ride because I was so in shock about what Keri had told me. When he pulled up at Toni's, I'd seen the sister's cars outside.

After I unbuckled Talia, she ran inside and Vince pulled me back. "What's the matter? Seriously." I started tearing up a bit.

"Toni's ex told me something and I'm scared." Vince gave me a hug and asked if it was a threat. "No. It was about Talia."

He looked at me as if he was pissed off. "Keri is Talia's... wow."

"No Vincent! He said that his brother raped and drugged me. But I don't remember sleeping with him." I cried.

"Obviously not, you would've been drugged."

I don't know why, but that infuriated me. I tried walking away, but he pulled me back.

"I'm sorry, that was insensitive. How can you find out if that is father?" I told him what Keri told me. "Wow. Uh. Have her take the test."

We talked about it more and he convinced me to swab Talia. "Thanks V." I gave him a kiss and he walked inside.

Now the actual surprise for tonight is Toni's. "Hey Tamar... and Vince?" said Trina.

"Everyone, this is my boyfriend, Vincent Herbert." Everyone greeted him.

Before dinner, Traci and Towanda just had to push my buttons. Luckily, Trina stood up for me. "Guys, stop!" I thanked Trina and then me and her talked and had a heart to heart.

"Okay, dinner!!" Toni yelled. We ate and waited for Toni's announcement. "I called you all here because, I have some news to share...."