Little Engagements

TAMAR POV
"Mommy."

"Yes, Talia." I answered giving her my undivided attention.

"What are we doing today?"

"You are coming with Mommy and Daddy to work." I answered.

"Can we ride in Daddy's car?" She excitedly asked.

"Ask him." She ran up stairs to go ask. I made him some breakfast because I knew Talia wasn't coming downstairs without her Dad.

"Mommy, Daddy said we can drive his car." She yelled from upstairs. "Okay, tell him to come eat his breakfast."

"We are coming!" They both came downstairs and Talia played with her toys as Vince finished his breakfast. "Baby, what are we doing at the studio?" I asked.

He got up and put his plate in the sink. "Uh, we are listening, tweaking, and making sure this single doesn't become a flop." He kissed me and we packed to get going.

We got in the car and went to the studio. We spent the whole day there listening and tweaking the smallest things, but hopefully its all worth it. When we finished, Vince told me and Talia to wait in the car.

"Mommy, what time is it?" Talia whined.

"Its 7pm. Why?"

"I'm hungry." She continued to whine.

"Wait til we get home baby." Five minutes later, Vince came in the car. He didn't say anything, he just drove us home. "Baby, you okay?" He looked at me and kept driving.

"Let's go Talia." I said ignoring Vince. We walked into the house and when we turned the lights on, my family was there. Toni, Traci, Trina, Mommy, Diezel, Bella, Denim, Tiny, her kids, Tamera, her kids, and even Towanda. "Surprise!"

I started happily tearing up because I was honestly so surprised they were all here. We all exchanged hugs and kisses. We went into the living room and everything was so loud.

Vince came in and asked everyone to quiet down. "I brought you all here tonight because Tamar has been stressed for some months and I think she just needed some family around. So I'm going to be back tomorrow, Toni, Traci, Towanda, and Trina, you know the rooms upstairs. Ms E, you can have the other master suite." He was so sweet for doing this. "Goodnight everyone."

Everyone said goodnight before Talia ran up to him. "Night Daddy."

"Goodnight T. See you tomorrow morning." She gave him a kiss on the cheek, after he came over to me and kissed me goodnight.

"Mommy? Can I go with Daddy?" I never thought Talia would pick him over me, but I wouldn't say no.

"Let's go get your clothes so you can go." We got her clothes and her stuffed animals. "Bye Mommy!"

"Bye sweetheart, I love you!" I said blowing a kiss to her. "I love you more!" She blew a kiss back and got in Vince's car.

After Vince left with Talia, all of us spent so much time talking and eating and drinking. Around 10:30, Tiny, Tamera, their kids, Diezel, and Bella left, as did my mom because she had things tomorrow so she couldn't stay.

Then of course, we sisters had a pajama party! We all had some wine and sat down in the living room. "So, Taymee, how's it been with everything?" Toni asks.

"Well, be more specific." I responsed.

"Let's starts with Vince."

"Yeah, Daddy is it?" Traci asked. "Well, yeah. For Talia. Its only been a day calling him that so she's like overdoing it, but its cute."

"Why did this just start?" asked Trina. "Well, last night, I almost called him her dad in front of her. He had a talk about it with her after him and I talked about it. So after them two talked, she started calling him her dad."

They then started asking my new single. "Well, I don't know when its coming out, but its done."

"Is there a album?" Toni Braxton living legend asked. "I don't know."

Then the subjected changed onto some other grown folks talk. Before we knew it, it was 12am. We decided to go to bed because Traci had to go back to Maryland and Trina had a flight to NY later in the day. Toni and Towanda were staying for the week.

In the morning, I had all these phone calls and I didn't know why. I'd gotten 10k more followers on Instagram and 15k more on Twitter. I was very confused but I didn't care because I wasn't on social media much.

Toni made breakfast, even though she's not the best cook. Everyone came down one by one and sat at the table. Then, Toni was on the phone and she was whispering so everyone was trying to be quiet and listen.

After she served us, we ate while in conversation. Randomly, she asked me to get her socks. It was completely weird but I did it anyways.

I came back and Vince and Talia had pulled up. I opened the door excited to see my babies. "Hey baby." I said kneeling down. Hi Mommy." She hugged me and ran inside to see her aunties.

"Hi babe. Thank you so much for inviting everyone. I had so much fun."

"Baby?"

"Yes." I got nervous, because he sounded so serious. "I've been waiting for the right time to tell you this." He walked me to his car.

"The last seven months have been more than what I could ask for-" By then, I noticed everyone was at the door staring. "We've had our little arguments but it only made us stronger." He kneeled on one knee and by then I started crying.

"Baby." I said with rivers running down my face.

"Tamar, I'm giving you this promise ring, hoping that we'll be in each other's life forever because... Because I Love You." He put the ring on me and and got up to kiss me.

After we kissed he looked at me waiting for a response, which took awhile because I had to get myself together. "I hope we are too, and I Love You too."

Everyone then ran up to us and congratulated us like we were getting married. After like 10 minutes of looking at the ring and sobbing, we all went inside to eat. "Before this though, Toni, who called you?" Traci asked.

"Well, since I'm the older sister, Vince wanted permission. I wouldn't say no so boom!" She said with a wink and grin. I looked at the love of my life and realized that this is what my life has come to.

My baby girl, my beyond amazing boyfriend, all my sisters here, and I'm happy. I can't wait to see what's next.

[Promise Ring in media]