Not The Only Outcast

Your prov:

The food here was delicious! It's been so long I had a decent (flavor) cake and this hot chocolate is to die for. Pun intended. Then I notice that the two people who made this, Ember and Drake, were staring at me like I was some kind a food critic. "Well, what do you think?" Ember asked to brake the ice. I put mu fork down and gave my best smile. "It was delicious. I have never had anything this good in a long time." I'm not lying, I've been in my mirror for far to long from mine and Soogerrith's perspective. Then she looked at me like I was some kind of goddess and hugged me. "Really?! Oh thank you!" "Ember, please compose yourself." Drake said so calm with no reaction as he pulled her off me, but I could have sworn I saw a gentle smile. "I'm sorry, I'm just so happy. It's been so long someone actually came and eat our food along with a genuine complement." She said tearing a little but smiling at the same time as she hugged him. Then it hit me. 

- Flash back -

  As me and Sally started looking around while Jeff and Toby were fighting over the list, I noticed a small building, like a candy store building with a bay window, but it looked a little rundown. Before I could see for myself what store it was Sally stopped me. "What's wrong Sally?" She seemed a little scared. "We can't go there, Daddy says that there are mean people there that we shouldn't talk to or trust." "Really?" I was surprised, I thought I was the only one not welcomed around here, what kind of monster's live there then? 

 - Flash back end -

This seems like the opposite of what Sally said. Should I ask them, but then I would be prying into something that could be personal and that's not why I'm here in the first place. Then....why can't I help but feel like I should ask. Then they notice my face had changed from happy to confusion while looking down at my food. "Is something the matter?" Drake asked me. "It's just, your foods so good and yet nobody comes here. Why is that?" I said looking up at them. Then their expressions changed to sadness. "Your not from around here, are you." Ember said as she pulled up a chair and sat next to me, so did Drake sitting across from us. "Not really, I'm still new to this 'whole place'. " I said kinda nervous. "You see,  everyone around here don't really see us as threat anymore." Drake said with serious face, then Ember was next to speak. "It all changed when the mortals started picturing us as some emo and depressed, looking for love and friends crap, instead of the being feared as the blood sucking demons we're suppose to be." She said slamming the table "I blame that twilight movie series shit and other sick fantasies the mortals create." She added as she looked like she was about to kill someone with no regrets. "Ever since the mortals changed their view on us, including werewolves, they barley show any fear toward us." Drake said as he poured himself some tea."So barley anyone here shows us any respect. We tried to prove ours selves being worthy of being feared but we accidentally caused a havoc to the mortal world  and ours." He stated as he drunk his tea. "What did you guys do?" I asked them which caused Ember to tug on my sleeve. Then Drake spoke again. "It's not the most well known story, but it happened long ago in the late 2000's. We want to bring back our reputation, to show we are meant to be feared to the world, so we started in a small town in Europe. But when managed to make a few people fear us again they started to hunt for us as soon as they can. Naturally we are really good at hiding, or retreat to the portal back home." He took another sip of his tea and then Ember spoke for him. "That's were we made our mistake. When we made things get too serious and dangerous and they started sniffing us out to our hut, they chased us and we retreated  to the portal but they found and chased us. The only thing we could do run and by the time we reached the portal to the this world we did what we had to do in order the the mortals not to find this world. When we jumped to the other side we destroyed the portal and brought shame to our kind." She said as she lay her head on my shoulder. Then Drake stood up and packed a few caked in a pink box and gave it to me. "Please, take this, it on the house. I'm sure sure your friends our worried about you and you may need an excuse since we cost you most of your time." As I stood up and and grabbed the box I smiled. "You guys didn't wast my time. It was really nice talking with you both. i hope we could see each other again." With that I stepped out of the building with my thing and box of cakes. I soon met up with the others at the fountain. 

By the time we got back Slenderman was still asleep in his office, so we were in the clear. As the day went by I mostly played with Sally as we ate the cakes together. By the time it reached night fall I went to the library to find more information on this world so I know where up north I have to go. When I found a history map one of the books Slenderman came in holding a candle light. "Hello there Slenderman." I said as I waved to him. "Hello little one, shouldn't you be in bed." He said as he place the candle on the table where I was sitting looking through the books. "I was looking through the books to find a proper map of where I need to go." I said as I closed the book and looked at him. "Do you have any that's up to date." I asked him but he shook his head. "Afraid not. We've never really needed any use of a map since we only stay in this region. But I do know when to get one, we'll discus this in the morning." He said as he helped me up and lead me to my room. "Okay, good night." I said about to close the door. "Night little one."