A Journey for the Answer

Your Prov:

True to his word, the next day in the morning me, Slenderman, and Sally since she wanted to come, were walking through the woods to a near by library that was apparently legendary to mortals that has information of everything and keeps adding new ones everyday. "(y/n), do you have any powers?" Sally asked me out of the blue. I do have powers since I am a dream demon but I'm not sure how to explain it. "I do Sally, but I'm not sure how to explain them to you and they are kind a secret." I said scratching my cheek."Please tell me (y/n), I really want to know." She said making the puppy dog face. I looked at Slenderman but he just kept walking so he wasn't any help. "...okay. I have the power to make dream come true." I said with a smile. "Common (y/n), tell me the truth." "Sorry, but if I told you they wouldn't be a secret then." I said with a smirk. 'Trust me Sally, if you knew what my powers were, you wouldn't want to be even near me anymore.' I thought with a sad tone. Then Slenderman stopped. "We're here." I expected to see a simple old time library hut, but was met with some kind of  underground cave. '...huh?' Then Sally and Slenderman just went in. "Common (y/n), lets go." She said going deeper in the cave. "This place better have a map." I said going in. At first it was dark but then it started getting brighter thanks to the torches. Then I was completely shocked to what I was met with.

 Then I was completely shocked to what I was met with

'I guess the saying was right. Never judge a book by its cover and I have so learned that lesson.' I thought astonished of the inside of this library, and I could have sworn I heard Slenderman chuckle. "Don't laugh at someone if they can hear you." I said pouting and swear, even without a face, he's smirking at my expression. As we went to the center of the room a humanoid spider-lady came from the top of the cave and down to us from her web sting. "Now, if isn't the great Slenderman and you've brought a new guest. I am Cortana. What brings you here today?" She said looking at me and Sally with a sinister smile. I will admit, I was a little frighten buy her appearance and what she could do to her victims. Then Slenderman Started talking to her telepathically and she nodded.  "I see. You friend here is new around here and new a map to get a direction of this world." Then she climbed on one of the tall shelves and and started looking around. '(y/n).' I looked at Slenderman as he said my name with telepathy powers. 'This may be a little while, why don't you and Sally look around.' He suggested, I looked at Sally's board expression and nodded. "Hey Sally, let's go see if we can find some story books." I asked her and eyes lit up with joy. "Yea! I know where they are, let's go!" She said in excitement as she grabbed my arm and pulled me to one of the shelves no to far away. 

As we were touring this giant library, we managed to find some picture books...very gory graphic picture books. But Sally seem to like them so I won't go against it. Then I found a fairy tale book that actually told word for wood on the story's plot, not the way Disney portrait it out to be, sure it was made of kids, but there are standards to for those who actually read the first edition of the Brothers Grimms' fairy tales even Hans Christian Andersen, Victor Hugo, and more famous authors had their works posthumously edited by Disney just to include a happy ending. I sighed and picked out a random one from the shelf. After taking a look at it I went to sit on one of the chairs that Sally was as well and began reading. Then Sally popped by my side. "What are you reading? There are no pictures." I smiled at her child like demeanor know it was just her way of being cute to hid her frightening side. "It's just a fairy tale, its called the little mermaid." I answered her question and she gave me a stern look. "Daddy says those stories are for human babies and children. They cloud the mind with fantasy and false hope." 'I'm starting to get the feel she's never had someone read her a bed time story before.' I thought to myself with a sweat-drop hanging on my head the fact that I being judged by a kid for ready a fairy tale story, even though it was one of the originals with a more graphic plot. We were having a stare down and I ended up giving in with a sigh. "What would you recommend then?" I asked her and I could have sworn I saw stars in her eyes. She took the book out of my hands and ran to grab another. When she came back, she brought a different book. "Read me this." She demanded of me as she sat on my lap and handed me the book. 'The Secret of Nymph...I know this story, but from where?' I thought then Sally brought me back from my troubled mind. "Daddy read me this story once and I wanted to hear it again." She said as she looked at me with a puppy dog face. "Okay, okay. Just pull back on the attack so I can start." I said as I looked away the cute face. She may look like a cinnamon roll, but can kill you with no hesitation. "Yea!" 

As we were reaching the end of the story, Slenderman came to get us. "How are you two doing?" He asked us and Sally jumped out of my lap and straight to him and hugged his legs. "It's great, but (y/n) has bad taste in stories so I gave a better book to read." She said with a innocent face causing me to sweat-drop again. "Did she have a map?" I asked getting straight to the point, but I notice a sad look on Sally's face. "Of course darling, this place carry all info in both worlds. It would be a crime if it didn't." Cortana said as she came from behind Slenderman. "Then why did you take so long daddy?" Sally asked him with a grumpy look. "That's simple, he was just looking for some background info on some creatures." She said bluntly. "On what?" "Classified in tell, its for business purposes only." Slenderman said sternly and bit rough not wanting to talk much about it. "Lets go, I'll give you the map till we get home." He said and did so, but I felt something on my shoulder only to see it was Cortana. "Soogerrith wishes you the best of luck and get this done fast. Don't worry, I didn't tell him but we still have only a small amount of time left. If I were you, I would stop playing house and hurry." She whispered in my ear and then let me go. I nodded to her and speed walk to catch up.