House Guest - Part 2

Knock. Knock. Knock.

The sound echoed around the house, bouncing off the walls, loud enough to wake you up. Or at least it would have been, if you weren't already. You gently slid your legs out of the bed as gasped as your feet touched the freezing floor. You looked around and slid your legs back into the bed, hoping that whoever wanted to visit at 4 am would leave if they thought you were asleep.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

The tap of the wood was both comforting and unnerving. You sighed as you looked for any possible warm shoes near you. Reaching out for a pair of Ugg boots, you over balanced, falling out of the bed. Shivering you grabbed a jumper and pulled it over your pajamas.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Yeah. Yeah." you called at the door, wandering towards it. You grabbed the key to the front door and unlocked it. You loved the click sound it made as it unlocked. Pulling the door open slightly you peeked through to see who your visitor was. Your eyes widened at the boy standing there, looking tired and disheveled. He had dark eye circles and uneven and messy hair. In his dazed and possibly sleep like state he turned around and faced the sky waiting for you to answer the door, not realising that you already had. You studied him from behind, watching his nervous movements, and how he became somewhat calmer looking at the stars. You opened the door and slipped through it, going to stand next to Youngjae. As you came to stand next to him you slipped your hand into his. "You okay?" you asked, pulling his fringe away from his face, exposing his forehead. He squeezed your hand in response. "Do you want to talk about it?" you asked, and he shook his head, also moving his fringe to cover his face again. "Okay." you said as you pulled him to sit down with you.

You rested your head on his shoulder and looked at the stars with him. "You know, when I was little, my dad used to try and teach me about the stars. I could never understand it as a child, but I started to get it when I was older." You talked to him, no longer expecting a reply. You pointed at a bright ball of light in the sky, "That one, it's not even a star, that's Venus, and we can see it because of the way the sun reflects off its atmosphere." You smiled as you spoke, proud that you could teach someone some general knowledge you knew about stars. "But that one over there, the small yet bright one, you see it? It's called Sirius, it's the brightest star in the sky. And my favourite." You sighed as you squeezed Youngjae's hand. "I've never really understood constellations, they're just a make your own connect the dots. But I know two, and they make sense to me. That's Orion's Belt, and that's Canis Major, supposed to be Orion's pet dog. You see it's got Sirius in it. And I love dogs, so I've always made an effort with that one." You smiled as you finished your lesson on the stars.

You rested with Youngjae as you sat in silence for a few minutes before Youngjae spoke, "I like dogs." You smiled, happy that he finally said something to you. "Do you Mr...Mr?" You asked, waiting for a reply. "Choi." He told you and you continued, "What a nice name. Choi Youngjae." You sighed, appreciating it. "It's very plain. It's not that great." He said, not wanting to be the center of your attention. "Who said plain couldn't be beautiful? So, tell me about yourself Choi Youngjae." You said, as you smiled eagerly at him. He smiled back at you, happy that you could be so interested in him.

You two talked for hours, from anything to how beautiful celebrities were to how unfair it was that snails had to move slowly. "I mean, they have a slime trail and everything. How slow would they go without the slime?" Youngjae ranted and you laughed.

"This conversation is so weird, how did we even get to this topic?" You asked.

"I don't know, but you're just so easy to talk to     Y/N. I feel like I could tell you anything." He said, as he looked deeply into your eyes.