Three: Unwanted call and desire

For the rest of the remaining week I was always with Holland. I didn't want to be around Alec when he was with his daughter. It didn't seem right. I mean I kind of would have run-ins with him, Maya, and the baby; but I didn't feel like It was my place to be.

So I would spend my time at the hospital with my little sister. She was happy that I was always with her. She loved the attention. I realized when I was with her that I didn't hardly spend enough time with her. I realized that she was always locked up in this room. She couldn't walk and she couldn't move.

I realized just how much my little sister needed me. Not only to be here, but to encourage her to walk again. She was getting stronger everyday it seemed like. I was so proud of her. I know that if my mother were here she would fall in love with Holland. No matter what Decha Bane said.

I know that my mother wants the two of us, she is just to stubborn to leave my father. Last school year when my father came it was scary. Only because I hadn't seen him since I left home with Holland. I was so glad that Alec had shown up. If he hadn't I didn't know what would have happened.

As I was currently driving home my phone rang from the center console. I grabbed my phone from the cup holder and I swiped it over to answer it.

"Hello?" I asked not bothering to look at the caller I.D.

"Magnus Armosus Bane?" The voice said.

It was a female, but that's all I know. I didn't know who it was but the voice sounded somewhat familiar. How did they know my full name?

"Yeah, who is this?" I asked.

"I knew this was you. I didn't think you would pick up." The female voice said.

"I can hang up. Who is this?" I asked again losing my patience.

"Fine, you were always stubborn when we were together anyway." She said.

That's when I realized who it was. My heart sank and wanted to chuck the phone away.

"Renya." I whispered.

"That is right, how have you been?" She asked me.

"Why are you calling me? What is with you and Sinecia calling me?"

"Sinecia called you? I didn't not know that. As for me, I call just to see how you are. Nothing more that a friend. You told me when you left that you would stay in contact with me, but I can see that has failed." She said.

"Renya, I want nothing more of that life. I have a new life here in NewYork. I have a boyfriend. I have a new life. I wish nothing to do with you." I said.

"Well that is hard, I just want to be friends Magnus." She said.

"Renya, I don't want anything more to do with Russia unless it is my mother who calls me about her daughter." I said and hung up the phone.

I threw my phone at the car window. It bounced off of the dash board and landed on the floor. I pulled into the drive way of Alec's home and I got out and walked up the long drive way. As I was walking I couldn't help but think that Renya called me. Just like Sinecia called.

It bothered me that they wanted to contact me this badly. Was this some sort of sign that something big was going to happen? I walked into the front door and I looked around and no one was around. Not Max, or Izzy, or Alex.

So I just headed for the stairs and I walked to my room-which was also Holland's when she would come back- and I put my things on the floor. I sat on the edge of my bed and I heard a noise coming from Alec's room.

I got up and walked down the hallway. I walked into his room and there he was on his bed with Azure and Maya. The happy little trio. Anger and jealousy bolted throughout my body. Of course he would want to spend time with them, but he never would go with me to see how my sister was doing.