Six: Things forgotten

I stabbed into the food that was in front of my face. When it first hit my tongue I immediately wanted to spit it up. The eggs were so burnt. I glanced at them on my plate, instead of looking nice and fluffly, and yellow. They were brown and looked hard.

I gagged as I swallowed them. I hacked and held my neck as I heaved for air. That was the most rancid batch of eggs I had ever had in my lifetime. I have had a lot of horrendous eggs but that was by far the worst.

I looked up at Alec and Renya. Renya was stifling a laugh and Alec was looking at me with his bottom lip rolled into his mouth. He had his hands clasped in front of his body. He had his thumbs on his chin as he was watching me. For him, I would eat the eggs. I would also tell him how awful they were. I had to remember that there were starving kids in Africa.

I sighed and finished the eggs. The whole time I ate them I was mentally gagging. When I was finished I pushed the plate away from me. I burped and looked at Renya. I was wondering why they weren't tearing each other's heads up. I looked to my gorgeous boyfriends face and smiled.

"Alec, your sexy, but don't ever cook." I said.

As soon as I said that to him I regretted it. As soon as I said it his face fell and his body was shaking. He was in such a good mood and there I did it again. I ruined his good mood. Having a boyfriend that was bipolar was hard. I already knew that he hadn't taken his medicine today. I knew he was low and he didn't go to the doctor to get prescribed more. He hated the doctor. I guess I would have to drag him there. His medicine was a miracle in our relationship. He was always much happier and his temper was a lot better.

I sighed as I watched him walk away from the kitchen with his hands in balls at his sides. Why did I have to open my big mouth and say shit to him? I should have just kept my mouth shut. There he was doing nice things for me, and I said things to fuck it up. I was a piece of shit boyfriend. I put my head in my hands. What could I do for him? The best thing for him right now was just to leave him alone and let him have his space.

Renya placed her hand on my back and looked at me sadly. She ran her fingers through her hair. I remember it was always a nervous habit of hers. She was probably nervous because Alec was fine and then he just got angry. She probably didn't understand. I wouldn't be the one telling his business though. It wasn't my place to say anything at all. It was his to say if he wanted to.

I didn't even ask how his game was. I really am a shit boyfriend. I huffed and looked at Renya. She started giggling and she bit her lip. That chipped tooth smile was a beautiful one. Her brown eyes held so much emotion. I wish I could know what she was feeling. Know what she was thinking.

"So Magnus, when can I give Holland her present? Ive been waiting to see her since I got her. I need to give her gift to her." Renya explained.

Holland's gift? Why would she need a gift?

"Why do you need to give my sister a gift?" I asked.

Renya looked appalled at me as she placed a hand on her hip.

"Don't tell me you forgot Magnus Armousus Bane."

Oh god, it was Hollands birthday! My little sister was turning 8! She already turned 8! I didn't even go and see her! Im a shit brother! I quickly pushed away from the table and I quickly ran up the stairs to my room.

I discarded my clothes into a pile on the floor and I quickly chose something different. I didn't care what I looked like right now. I didn't even care about my hair. All I cared about was getting to the hospital! I ran down the stairs two at a time and was ready to leave. I remembered that I am not allowed to drive the car without Alec or without asking his mom.