Eight: Start moving

The next morning I woke up because I heard a thump coming from Holland's bed. I jolted p and I ran to her. She was laying on the floor with her black hair sprawled everywhere. She was looking up at me with pain in her eyes.

I kneeled down and grabbed her hand.

"Holly, are you okay?" I asked.

She just shook her head and closed her eyes.

"Wanna start moving your legs while we are down here on the floor?"

Again all she did was shake her head.

"Holland, come on please.. we need to move your legs or you have to go back to the doctors. That what you want?" I asked hr.

She peeped her head to me and gave me the eve. My little sister was so cute.

"Come on, the sooner we get those legs moving the sooner me and you will be in our new house." I said.

"Maggie, I don't want to get up. I want to sleep and play with Max." She whined.

"No, sit up now." I said.

She glared at me and turned her upper half away from me.

"Holland. Lets go or I will move your legs for you. It might hurt." I demanded.

"MAGGIE!" She yelled as I sat her up.

I held my hand behind her back and pushed her against the bed. Holland started crying as she laid her head against the mattress. I wiped away one of her tears and moved the her from her face.  Seeing her cry hurt me. I hated watching it. But this had to be done. I couldn't sit here and not help her the best I could. IF she ever wanted to use her legs again she would have to work at it.

"Holly, don't cry. We have to move your legs if you want to start walking again." I said.

"Maggie, my legs hurt." She complained.

"I know baby but soon they wont. Soon they'll feel better. Come on and lets go do some stretches. They will make your legs start to feed good." I said trying to make her feel better.

If I didn't say this she wouldn't have done it. She would have backed out.

For the next hour we did everything on the list. Every single stretch and move. We did it. Towards the end of her stretching she started to cry. I had to hold her hand and tell her it was going to be okay. Eventually I had to get on the floor with her and do them. I know that it was too much for her, but it needed to be done.

If she ever wanted a shot at walking again she had to do her physical therapy. Once we were finished I brought her down stairs and laid her on the couch. I then went back up the stairs and grabbed her wheel chair and put her in it. If she wanted to maneuver around the house she was going to need her wheel chair.

Before I let her start to roam however, I grabbed her chin and made her look up me.

"Move your toes." I said.

She shook her head and looked me in the eyes.

"I know you can. Just like I know you can move your left foot but you didn't." I countered back.

"Maggie leave me alone." She whined and threw my hands off of her face.

"Not until you move your toes and foot."

I looked down at her legs and waited. Her little toes were painted green. I waited for them to move. Anytime now I know they would. Seconds later her toes were spreading and moving together. I grabbed her right foot and massaged it.