Twelve: Understanding

I walked as fast as I could away from there. I didnt want to be around anybody. I wanted to be as far away as I could. I cant believe I did that. I wanted to die. I really wanted too. I didnt want to be here anymore. I didnt want to live in a world without Alec.

While I was falling I thought about how much better he would be without me. I knew he would be better because he wouldnt have to hide anymore. He would be free of me, a burden. I knew now that they knew. His friends knew that there was something going on.

While I was unconscious, I saw white. Everything was white. I felt my body being tugged at on two sides. I felt my body going into death mode. I felt my body wanting to leave the world. Another part of me couldnt leave however, because I knew that I had other things to do before I died.

I had Holland, I had school, I had Alec... I couldnt leave him. As much as I hated to admit it I knew that he needed me. I knew that he needed me as much as I needed him.

I walked faster until I got to the cabins. As soon as I entered my cabin I disguarded my swimming trunks. I couldnt even swim well, I just leeped into death. I just welcomed it. How could I have been so stupid? To just jump? To not think?

I slapped my head for me. I grabbed my hair like my mother would have. I closed my eyes and invisioned her standing in front of me. I thought of the look on her face. How her brown eyes would hold disappointment. How she would have a crinkle inbetween her eyebrows. How her lips would pout and her hair would be a mess from her running her hands through it.

For the first time in years I let myself remember my mother. I let myself remember her and her beauty. I could remember how she would tuck me in as a child. How her eyes held love in them. I knew my mother loved me, but she wouldnt leave Decha Bane for Holland and I. Thats when I got angry. How she could love her children with all her might, but she couldnt leave her her husband.

Thats when my mother made me angry. That is why I dont want Holland seeing her.

I walked into the bathroom and I started the shower. I stepped in and let the water soothe me. I washed myself and my hair. I stepped out and wrapped myself into a towel. I walked into the open area and saw Alec seated on his bed. I ignored him and I walked to my luggage and pulled out fresh clothes.

Alec had tears in his eyes. It almost made me sit next to him, almost. I glued myself down and pulled my clothes on. I ignored Alec as best as I could. Then I heard a laugh come from him.

"You know, you cant swim.. yet you jump off of a rope and plummit to your death. Thats a great way to go." He said with malice in his voice.

I ignored him and pulled out my glitter and eye liner. I lined my eye in dark eye liner. It had been forever since I felt the comfort of it. I put the silver glitter on my eye lashes then put them back in my bag. I grabbed my hair gel, I really had no use in it. I had cut all of my hair off, but I still wanted to use it. I slicked some into my hair to make it stand slightly.

I walked out of the cabin without another word to him. I heard footsteps behind me and then a door open.

"MAGNUS! TELL ME WHAT YOU UNDERSTAND!" He yelled after me.

I stopped and turned back around to him. "If you cannot figure it out your even dumber than I thought." I snapped and walked to the center of the lake.

I sat down around the bomb fire and watched the flames lick the air. I breathed in a big gulp of air and watched as Tierra ran towards me. She was running fast with tears in her eyes. She stopped in front of me and brought her hand back and then whammed it against my face.

My face turned the way she smacked me. I tasted blood in my mouth. I moved my jaw around before facing her. She had tears pouring down her face. She tackled me to the ground and started punching me. I put my hands up in defense and covered my face. Her tears were dripping onto my face. She was making grunts and she was pouring her heart out.