chapter 6: pack

I was still in shock that a vampire was taking me to a werewolf for safety that we got to the house quicker then I expected. It was in a nice quiet little neighborhood. The houses were each spaced evenly and fairly large and each lawn was perfectly cut. Jake set me down, knocking on the door in front of us. In seconds the door flew open. It happened so fast I found myself jumping back behind Jake.

"Well hello Jacob! What an unexpected surprise!" The man's voice was light with a sort of edge to it. "What's the moon child up to tonight?"

"Ah, nothing out of the ordinary. We just need a place to stay for awhile."

"We?" The man asked curiously. Jake suddenly pulled me beside him.

"We." He pointed back and fourth from himself to me. "Is that possible, Jason?"

Jason gazed at me for a long moment. He was incredibly well built. He didn't have a shirt on so I could see his perfectly sculpted body. He was much tanner then Jake, or me. His dark skin was an amazing golden color. His eyes were golden too but a little lighter then his skin. His hair was short, dark dirty blonde and so was the slight facial hair he had. He was insanely handsome.

"Human?" He breathed, moving his eyes to Jacob who nodded. His eyes shifted back to me. "Sure. No problem. I'll let the others know." He moved aside to let us pass. When I didn't move, Jake moved us in.

"Make yourselves at home, I'll be right back." Then he spun around and disappeared.

Jake led me into a living room with a big couch and TV. We sat down. The couch was comfortable but I wasn't. I looked at Jake.

"Others?" I asked anxiously. He looked at me now.

"Of course. It's not like he could live without his pack." He laughed for a moment, then cleared his throat seeing the worried look on my face. "Sorry. I guess I could have mentioned there was going to be more then one."

"That would have been good to know." I agreed sarcastically. "What do you think Kale will--"

"He doesn't need to know!" He interrupted me, his eyes wide. Yeah, that's what I thought. For some reason, Kale would hate this idea. Suddenly Jason was back in the room with a few others who had his same tan skin.

"Jason, I thought you were kidding!" The only female let out as if not even thinking.

She was very pretty and tall, much taller then me, the same height as the other men around her. Her eyes were a light golden color, her hair was also a golden color that was lighter then her skin and it was long! I had a brief moment of being a total girl, wishing I had her hair.

Her face was soft, almost angelic, if she wasn't scowling at me. That's when I noticed the other men, all tall and well built, looking similiar to Jason but of course with much different features, hair color and shades of golden eyes, were all scowling at me too. There were six of them, including Jason and the female, in the room with us.

"Anya, no need to be rude. She can't help being human." Jason told her, glancing at me with a playful grin. I glanced up at Jake who looked at them as if amused. My eyes wandered back to Anya. She rolled her eyes at Jason.

"Not the girl, the moon child."

Then I realized none of them were actually scowling at me at all, but at Jacob. Taking a better look, the scowling was more playful then it first appeared to be. I must have really been freaking myself out.

"Nice to see you too, muts."

"That was cold, Jake." Anya pouted. He laughed.

"Yes, it was." He agreed.