chapter 27: stubborn

When we got back to our house after saying goodbye to everyone and promising to come back tommorow, I absent mindedly sat down, curling up on our cushiony grey couch. Human habits die hard. Kale decided to buy the beach house since we both loved it so much. I was staring again and of course Kale noticed.

"You caught their scent too?" He asked, sitting down next to me and pulling me against him. I nodded.

"I think the others did too, but no one wanted to say anything." My voice was softer then I thought it was going to be. He nodded now. "There's alot of them this time." I stated, trying to keep the fear from my voice.

"Persistent monsters...I don't want you going out alone anymore." He frowned.

"No problem." I pressed myself closer against his body, not needing to be reminded as to how strong the werewolves were.

He was playing with my hair again, twisting it around his fingers. His face becoming blank as he began to think deeply, looking past me. Finally his eyes wandered back to mine. His eyes were blazing like little blue fires. He let my hair fall threw his fingers and took my face in his hands.

"I don't know what I'll do if they do that to you again..." He spoke between his teeth, seeming to get angry as he stared at me.

I grabbed his hands, still gripping my face. After so many years he was still like this, still protective and willing to do anything for me. His hands were tense until I had grabbed them.

"They'll try but they won't be able to." I assured him. He pulled my face closer to his.

"We can't underestimate them, Jamie." He sighed, blowing the hair out of my face, causing my body to tremble. I love that he still has that effect over me.

"I'm just saying that I'm stronger then I was back then. I'm not a newborn anymore." I shut my eyes so I would be able to speak without tripping over my tounge as he gazed at me.

"Sweatheart," He brushed the hair out of my face as I opened my eyes. His smile was crooked as if amused. "You may not be a new newborn, but you're still a newborn."

"How do you figure?" I frowned at him. His hand had dropped into my hair, the other rested on my collar bone. He was studying my face.

"There's still alot you have to learn." He shrugged. I sighed now, blowing my breath against him. He shut his eyes.

"I'll give you that one, not that I'll learn everything anyways." I muttered.

I pressed my forehead against his, shutting my eyes now. His skin was so soft and warm against mine. He moved his arms around me, pulling me even closer to him. Neither of us ever felt close enough. There was always a way to get closer. Neither of us moved, neither of us breathed. We focused all of our attention on eachother.

"Love you." He finally broke the silence. One of us always did eventually.

"Love you more."

He laughed. "I'll let you believe that..."

It didn't take long for his lips to brush up against mine. They moved very slowly. He knew I hated that because it drove me insane, but he did it anyways. He let out a small laugh when I managed to pull myself into his lap. I crushed my lips irritatedly against his. There were things that I knew how to do to drive him insane too. I'd get him back soon. I nipped at his lip until he flung me back, nearly destroying the cough, but surprisingly he actually didn't.

~Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....~

That night we both opened our eyes from one of our dreams. Why we did that while we were right next to eachother beats me. We never got sick of eachother, we always had to be near eachother. Was that strange? I think it is. After so long shouldn't we be wanting to strangle eachother sometimes? I guess we just had one of those rare relationships. Even though there were times we did fight, we never really got sick of eachother.