Chapter 1: Assassination Time

Silence filled the air of class 3-E. Everyone was seated at their desks as they waited for their teacher to arrive, we heard a loud noise outside creating a dust cloud. The door slides open and a yellow octopus walked in, placing the roll call on the stand.

"Now then. Letʻs began homeroom. Class monitor, on your command." He said.

"S-Stand!" Nagisa says. Everyone stood up, pointing their guns at him. "Attention! Bow!" They all began shooting at their teacher as he dodged the pellets at a fast rate.

"Good morning. Iʻll be taking attendants, so please, fire all you like. Isogai-kun?"

"Present." Answered Isogai.

"My apologizes. Iʻll need you to speak up, what with all this gunfire."

"Present!"

"Okajima-kun?"

"Present!"

"Okuda-san?"

"Present?"

"Kataoka-san?"

"Present!"

"Kayano-san?"

"Present!"

"Kanazaki-san?"

"Present!"

Once roll call was finished, everyone ceased fire. Everything calmed down and the door slid open. A girl with (H/L) (H/C) walked in wearing Kunugigaoka High Schoolʻs uniform and took a seat next to the teacherʻs desk.

"All right." He said closing the book. "Everyone is on time, I see. Excellent!" His face turned orange. "That makes me very happy."

"Heʻs too fast." Said Rio.

"So even the whole class at once canʻt bring him down?" Said Yuma. Nagisa looked down at his gun.

"Too bad. Not one of your bullets hit me today, either. Tactics that rely on sheer numbers neglect individuals focus. But it in line of sight, barrel position, or finger movement, each of you were far too easy to read. You need to be more inventive! Isnʻt that, (Last name)-chan?" I nodded me head my head. "Otherwise, youʻll never be able to kill me. I can speed up to Mach 20, you know?"

"But, like see... Thereʻs no way you seriously dodged all those!" Said Hiroto pointing at him.

"I mean, these are just BB pellets. You coulda just taken them on the chin." Said Tomohito as he looked at one of the pellets.

"Yeah! Thatʻs right!" The class replied. We both sighed.

"Very well. (Last Name)-san, gather up all the BBs and hand them over." I was a bit annoyed, but nodded and did so anyway. "I told you: these may be harmless to you..." I felt one of the guns I had in my skirt pockets removed and quickly turned to see him holding it in one of his tentacles.

"Hey!"

He shot a tentacle and it started to spurt out yellow liquid, everyone gasped in surprise as I just sighed; unfazed. He gave my gun back to me and I put it back in my skirt pocket, mumbling about ʻtaking her stuff without asking.ʻ "But theyʻre special anti-BB pellets developed by the government. If one hits me, itʻll slice through my cells like tofu. But, theyʻll regenerate a few seconds later, of course." With that, his tentacle grew back. "Iʻm more concerned about you putting a classmateʻs eye out. Thank you (Last name)-chan for letting me borrow your gun." ʻSure... ʻborrowʻʻ I thought bitterly. "No shooting in the classroom. Unless youʻre trying to kill me." He grins and green stripes appeared on his face. "And I hope you can kill me- before graduation, that is. Now then, letʻs put away the arms and ammunition and begin class." They all put their guns away.