Chapter 13: Talent Time

I stood next to Karasuma as we watched the E Class practicing their knife skills.

"Don't look away! Predict your target's move! If you all do that, you'll block off every last one of his escape routes!" Karasuma shouted. I scanned over the students and took notes. 'They've been going onto their fourth month of training and more and more of them are showing promise.' I looked over at Isogai and Meahara as they attacked Karasuma. 'Yuma Isogai and Hitoro Meahara. They've got great reflexes, and when they work as a pair, their knives hit the work as a pair, their knives hit the mark more often now.' From the corner of my eye I saw Karma attack Karasuma from the side and take out another knife. 'Karma Akabane. He likes the evasive, meandering type at first glance, but has great mischief in his eyes.'

"Tch!"

'And the girls...' Without looking, I dodged Okanaʻs attack directed towards me, I moved back as she flipped back. 'Hinata Okana's unpredictable movement born of her gymnastics background.' Kataoka appeared from behind her and thrusted the knife at me, but I dodged it. 'And Meg Kataoka, with a reach and momentum to rival the boys'. These traits make them stand out as attackers.

"And Korosensensei, the very model of an idea teacher. To kill such a man of character would be unthinkable!" Said Korosensei. A tick mark appeared on my head, I turned back to him with an annoyed look.

"Don't make those kind of thoughts for me!" I shouted, and continue to dodge attacks from the girls.

'Although no other students have disguised themselves, overall their talent has come quite a long way.' I heard a soft thump from behind me and saw Nagisa on the ground "Nagisa!" I ran over to him and knelt down beside him.

"Ow..."

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine."

"Sorry!" I look up to see Karasuma running towards us and knelt down besides him. "Put a little to much oomph into my block there."

"O-Oh, I-I'm fine."

"Dummy! You gotta keep an eye on him!" Said Sugino. I looked at Nagisa worried.

"Are you sure you're alright?" I asked again.

"I am, don't worry (Last Name)-senpai." Giving me a reassuring smile.

'Nagisa Shiota... The strange presence. Itʻs just like last year when I went up against (First Name) for the first time.' Karasuma thought back to see her assassination skills close up.

(First Name) swung her knife at him as he dodged every attack. In a blink of eye she disappeared, he looked everywhere for her but couldn't seem to find her anywhere, until he felt a strange presence behind him. Karasuma quickly turns around and flips (First Name) over on her back.

"Ow..." He mumbles, rubbing the back of her head. Reliving what he did, Karasuma knelt down beside her.

"I'm sorry, are you alright?" He asked.

"I'm fine, my head just hurts."

"That's enough for today, we'll continue tomorrow. Just rest for now, I'll get you an ice pack." (First Name) nods her head and head towards her room.

'What was that? Was that just my imagination?' Karasuma thought to himself as he gets (First Name) an ice pack.

The bell chimed for the end of P.E and Karasuma walked away.

"Man, I just can't hit him!" Said Kimura.