Chapter 10: L and R Time

"Oh... sexy guy... It's a miracle! What? Really?" Jelavic said in english before going back to Japanese. "Everyday chit-chat is actually quite simple. I'm sure you all know someone who says nothing but phrases such as "like, so awesome." One way to say this in English is with the word "really". Kimura, you try."

"R-Really." Jelavc makes a small X with her fingers.

"Nope. Your Ls and Rs are a mess. The Japanese tend to have a hard time telling the two apart. I can still understand you, but it feels wrong."

"Oh, okay."

"Don't run from your weaknesses. Overcome them! To the end, I'll be checking your pronunciation regularly from now on, and if you screw up your Ls and Rs... I'll punish you with a French kiss in public."

I stayed back after school, usually I would take the train with Nagisa and Karma and wait for Karasuma to come home; but today he asked me to stay back to help with some administrative things. Jelavic came into the teacherʻs lounge and sat down in her chair.

"Man, class is such a pain." Jelavic complained.

"The students seem to like your lessons, though." I said.

"Am I supposed to proud of that? I'm an assassin! I'm stuck here trying to kill that octopus! And speaking of which... If he doesn't stop staring at my boobs, it might happen sooner than he thinks!"

"I do admire your real-life lessons drawn from experience. Truly exemplary!" Said Korosensei.

"Oh, shut up!" Taking out a knife and slashing at him.

"Calm down. He's just that kind of target." Said Karasuma.

"Shit! I won't stand for this!" Jelavic gets up from her chair and walks out, slamming the door behind her.

"She seems upset."

"And whose fault do you think that is?" Karasuma and I say. I let out a small sigh.

I was starting to get a bad feeling in stomach, just then, we heard struggling coming from behind the door. Karasuma slides the door open and we see Jelavic being hanged by a wire trap and an older man standing next besides it. It was hard for me to understand them since they were speaking English, though I did manage to catch some words. He cuts the rope and Jelavich lands on the floor, I walk over to her and help her up.

"Pardon me. Japanese is just fine. I'm not suspicious, I assure you. What if I said I was the one who worked with your government to bring in Irine Jelavich?" The man said. My eyes widened slightly once I recognized him. 'Lovro the assassin! Once known as a skilled killed, he is now retired. Makes a fortune training up younger assassins and finding them jobs. He's the one that helped me get my first mission when I joined the Ministry of Defense. He's proven crucial for Japan's government, which lacks any ties to assassins of its own. But why is he here?'

"Where is this Korosensei right now?"

"He went to Shanghai for some almond jelly. He left a half-hour ago, so he should be back soon." I replied. He smiled a little.

"Seems this creature live up to his reputation. I'm glad I came. Now I have my answer. Irina, you are to leave this place after today. You can't handle this job." She looks at him shocked. "When it come to undercover operations, you're second to none. But once your identity is revealed, you're useless as an assassin."

"I know I can do it, Sensei! I have what it takes!" Lovro gets behind her, holding a thumb up against her throat and a hand behind her back. 'That was fast!' He whispers something in her ear. Korosensei appears behind them with face red and half purple.