Chapter 12: Ball Game Tournament Time

I walked along side Nagisa, Sugino, and Karma as we walked out the Kunugigaoka Junior High school's official campus.

"It's starting to get hot." Nagisa commented.

"The seasons for outdoor activities. How about we go have fun somewhere outside? Do you want to come too (Last Name)-senpai?" Asked Sugino.

"Sure, what do you want to do?" I asked.

"How about finishing?" Karma suggested.

"Sounds good. What's there to catch right now?" Nagisa asked.

"Summer is the season for fresh delinquents. Let's use Nagisa as bait to catch the ones that try to shake him down and then fleece them instead!" Nagisa and I sweatdropped.

"I never knew delinquents were seasonal."

We started walking pass the baseball field.

"What should we do?" Sugino looks over at Nagisa. "What do you feel like, Nagisa?"

"Let's see... Oh, how about the beach?"

"Ooh, the beach... What do you think (Last Name)-chan?"

"Sounds good to me." I smiled. We noticed Sugino stopped walking. We turn back to him. "Sugino?" I called out. I looked over to where he was looking and saw the baseball team practicing. 'That's right, Sugino was on the baseball team before coming to Class 3-E.'

"Nice throw, Captain!" A player said. He wiped sweat away from his forehead and looked over at us.

"Hey, Sugino, it's you!" The rest of the baseball team looked at us. "Long time no see." Sugino looked away.

"Hey, it's you!"

"Sugino!"

"Hello!"

"Hey!" Sugino walks over to the gate with a strained smile.

"Hey, Sugino!"

"What gives? You should come say hi once in a while." Said a player.

"Nah, it'll be awkward." Said Sugino.

"You're pitching in next week's ball game tournament, right?" Another player asked.

"Oh, I guess it hasn't been decided yet, but I think I'd like to."

"We'll be looking forward to it!" He says, fist bumping him from the other side of the fence.

"But man, I envy you, Sugino."

"You're E class, so you get to goof off every day."

"We've got schoolwork and the club, so we're running on fumes."

"Knock it off. That's not nice." The team looked at their captain. "Juggling both schoolwork and extracurriculars at a prep school isn't something you have to do unless you're one of the chosen."

"Wow, that's incredible." He looks over at Karma, Nagisa, and I as we walked to the fence. "You make it sound like you're on of the chosen." Said Karma.

"That's right, I am." I glared at him. "Don't like it? Then I'll show you at the ball game tournament. There are those chosen to stand at the top and those who aren't. You'll see the huge gap that's already opened between us at our age.

The next day, Korosensei was looking over a couple of papers in front of the class as I was writing names on the blackboard.

"Mm-hm. A class versus class ball game tournament, is it? Cultivating healthy minds and bodies through sports... most excellent! However... Why is E Class not in the tournament brackets?" Korosensai asked.