Intro

Preface:

I wrote this fan fiction nearly 5 years ago when I was 13. It has so many errors, at least I think so. However, I have left it up because people seem to still enjoy reading it. I attempted to edit some chapters up to par but due to being the lazy bitch I am, failed to complete it. That being said, some of them are rewrote, others not.

Enjoy the fan fiction regardless, I just wanted to put this here. Thank you all for stopping by to check this fanfic out. I'm constantly blown away by the love and support it receives. 13 year old me would have been shocked to see over 100k reads.

Alright, I'll shut up. Enjoy.

____________

"Kira has continued his killings. News reports state that near 100 have been killed in one prison in this week alone." The loud TV blared through the room, the two men watching it. Only one of them had a genuine look of surprise on their face. Light sat, smirking, to which L couldn't see, knowing he'd done well this week and left no strings attached to him. It was some low, dirty prison which he had no affiliation with so there would be no reason for L to tie it to him. L was good, but not that good. Or at least light presumed so.

L continued to stare at the tv screen, sitting in his rather uncomfortable looking, hunched position. He sighed, feeling defeated as the Kira case had dragged on much longer than he'd expected. He did suspect Light he just was unable to prove it. His body language and strong evasiveness when the subject was brought up suggested it enough, it was just that the police wouldn't take that for evidence, it was as good as rubbish.

Light looked over at him, frowning slightly.

"Ryuzaki, doesn't this mean the public isn't aware of our search? We're not going to stop searching, are we?" He asked, his eyes becoming massive. L liked to call this Light's 'puppy tactic.' He used it to appear dull and clueless, much like a puppy. Once again, this would be worthless to the police so he considered it his own clue. He assumed Light was aware he did this a lot but he could never be too sure with the boy anymore.

"I don't know, Light." He paused, leaning forward towards the younger boy. "Why don't you tell me. Do you think we still are going to continue investigating?" He cocked his head to the side. He watched as Light's eyes fell back to their half moon shape. 'Puppy tactic off,' he noted.

"Well, I would suppose so. You've handcuffed us together," he raised the dangling chain between them. "So I'd expect there'd be a reason to that, especially if we were still investigating." The chain jingled as it was lowered back to the floor, echoing out in the large room. L smiled slightly.

"So the answer is yes then." He backed away, returning to his computer. He heard a small sigh from Light. Turning to face him again, he spoke. "Don't think you're not a suspect. That hasn't changed at all." Light nodded, not removing his eyes from his computer. L turned back to his own computer.

The room filled with an awkward silence. The only sounds were the clicking sounds of the keys on the keyboards being typed as the two worked. It was minutes before either one spoke.

"How many times must I tell you I'm not Kira?" He spoke softly.

"I don't know. Ask me in a month." L smiled cheekily.
-
I'm doing major editing of this! You may notice changes.