Chapter 5 - Investigation

Oh my gosh this fanfic is just getting more and more reads...
Thank you everyone.
-

L typed loudly on his keyboard, each key filling the silent room that Light and him shared.
"Could you not do that?" I want to read. Light scowled at him. L looked over at him bluntly and then turned back to his computer.
"What are you even working on?" Light asked. This time the man beside him turned to look over at him.
"Let's just say.. We have a suspect." L said as if it was the greatest thing ever. Light sighed and bit his lower lip.
"Great..." He said anxiously. L could hear the twinge of anxiety present in his speech and looked at him strangely.
"Why are you nervous?" He asked. Light sighed and folded his arms.
"Just.. Worried for... Everyone. This guy doesn't wanna get caught, that's obvious." He lied. "and I just don't want us to get hurt."
L smiled warmly at him, pulling Light into a hug. This caught him off guard, but he returned it.
There were those damned butterflies again...
L let go after a almost creepily long hug, but hey, that's him.
He's creepy, and it's adorable.
He returned to typing back onto his laptop, and after a little while he was completely indulged in whatever it was he was doing, because he didn't even look up once to see if Light was watching, which was something he usually was very picky about.
That's the thing about L, he doesn't like being watched. He keeps hidden so people like Light can't find out about him.
"Earth to Light, you've been zoning out while looking at my face for about ten minutes." L smirked. "I know I'm attractive and all but keep your distance."
Can you catch butterflies if they're inside your stomach? Because I sure as hell want to.