Chapter 9 - Awkward

You guys are seriously insane, but in a good way.

200 reads in less than two days? Wow.

I swear you guys are incredible! Crazy how many reads this has.

But here's another chapter! You guys deserve two in a day because I'm the shittiest updater.

So here you go!

(And I'm sorry if this isn't that great, I'm tired.)

Oh! And I also changed the story cover! What do you guys think? Comment below and PLEASE vote. It means a lot(:

-mae.

-

The ride home was awkward to say the least. L kept looking over at Light, and Light kept looking over at L.

Crashing was a possibility nearly too many times. L was far too distracting.

After minutes of silence, L cleared his throat and spoke.

"So.. Um, since I'm feeling slightly friendly, how about we share this?" He pointed to the cake that was resting in his lap. "I mean, after all, it is a lot to eat."

Light shook his head. "Not hungry." He stated. That was a lie, he was painfully hungry but with the events that just occurred he felt no need to put anything into his stomach, the butterflies seemed to occupy it enough.

"Sure. You haven't ate anything all day! I mean, besides my saliva.. Which is pretty gross considering since we-"

"Please, just shut up!" Light yelled.

Light never yelled at L before. Ever since they'd gotten cuffed, he'd seemed almost peaceful at all times.

L swallowed, feeling something stinging at the corners of his eyes.

He wasn't crying, was he? Light just told him to shut up, not like it mattered.

So he wiped his eyes anxiously, looking straight forward.

"Ass." He whispered to where he thought Light couldn't hear him.

Luckily he didn't, and L sighed as he rested his head on the seat and began to fall asleep.

Interesting how awkward situations can be.